Droid and Parrot CK3000

Gandyj

Reaction score
I installed a Parrot CK3000 in my car two years ago and it worked with all of my previous phones but didn't work with the Droid. This may be old news for some, I finally got my Parrot to pair and connect with my Droid. I like a lot of folks don't like driving and holding my phone or using bluetooth earpieces. I emailed Parrot support a little over a week ago and this is the response they sent me two days ago:

Pairing can be difficult, and as such the droid is not currently considered compatible with the evolution. The phone should pair; but may not connect. What some of our customers have been able to do is to pair with the Parrot, where the Droid reads "paired but not connected" then clear the memory on the Parrot, whence it will announce "memory erasing in progress please wait". Most steering wheel controls will allow you to clear the memory with a combination of teh Volume Keys Vol- followed by Vol + 5 Times (-+-+-+-+-+). Or if you have the red/green keypad with the dial in the center, simply press and hold the red/green button at the same time. Normally when the Parrot is done it will announce PLEASE PAIR DEVIE when its done, but these customers have reported that it instead simply beeps indicating it connected to a phone, and sure enough the Droid showed it was connected and paired.

Again this work around has worked for many customers, but at this time we do not consider the Motorola Droid compatible with the CK3000 evolution, it is so with all of our other current devices, and as such do not guarantee its functionality.

If you are looking for full compatibility with the Droid phones our MKI product line is considered compatible

Thanks For Choosing Parrot

==

Jeff Keen

Technical Support Manager

Telephone Hot-line

877-972-7768

Monday-Friday 9-7 (ET)

I followed it and it worked. I now have full bluetooth voice dial capabilites.

xiphonelover

Reaction score
Parrot CK3000

I installed a Parrot CK3000 in my car two years ago and it worked with all of my previous phones but didn't work with the Droid. This may be old news for some, I finally got my Parrot to pair and connect with my Droid. I like a lot of folks don't like driving and holding my phone or using bluetooth earpieces. I emailed Parrot support a little over a week ago and this is the response they sent me two days ago:

Pairing can be difficult, and as such the droid is not currently considered compatible with the evolution. The phone should pair; but may not connect. What some of our customers have been able to do is to pair with the Parrot, where the Droid reads "paired but not connected" then clear the memory on the Parrot, whence it will announce "memory erasing in progress please wait". Most steering wheel controls will allow you to clear the memory with a combination of teh Volume Keys Vol- followed by Vol + 5 Times (-+-+-+-+-+). Or if you have the red/green keypad with the dial in the center, simply press and hold the red/green button at the same time. Normally when the Parrot is done it will announce PLEASE PAIR DEVIE when its done, but these customers have reported that it instead simply beeps indicating it connected to a phone, and sure enough the Droid showed it was connected and paired.

Again this work around has worked for many customers, but at this time we do not consider the Motorola Droid compatible with the CK3000 evolution, it is so with all of our other current devices, and as such do not guarantee its functionality.

If you are looking for full compatibility with the Droid phones our MKI product line is considered compatible

Thanks For Choosing Parrot

==

Jeff Keen

Technical Support Manager

Telephone Hot-line

877-972-7768

Monday-Friday 9-7 (ET)

I followed it and it worked. I now have full bluetooth voice dial capabilites.

Just picked up my Droid X yesterday. I previously had my iPhone paired with the Parrot CK3000. I tried several times to connect the Droid X with no success. It would read "Paired but not connected". I called customer support. The woman could not figure out the problem and aksed me to call the Parrot customer service line. Before I did this I decided to do some of my own research. I came accross this forum and tried Jeff's instructions above. My phone is now connected and working well. The key here is persistence :)

flyboy737

Reaction score
Solution to Samsung Galaxy S2 to Parrot CK3000 Evolution pairing problems

Hi Al,
I found a solution to my Samsung Galaxy S2 to Parrot CK3000 Evolution pairing problem.
We have 2 Samsung Galaxy S2’s and a Galaxy Y paired and up and running (one at a time obviously) with this car kit. It was a mission to get this solved. Here goes:
• You need free Bluetooth File transfer V5.20 from Medieval Software (NB: NOT ANY of NEWER VERSIONS as they don’t work – loose connection etc.)
• Download the file from here: Bluetooth File Transfer (Android)
• Install to your phone.
• Select the Bluetooth Logo (R/H Top of screen) and ensure Bluetooth is turned on!
• Scan, Select and Pair with the Parrot (Car kit – not African Grey you idiot!)Code 1234

Check functionality via the car kit / phone. The two should be paired. Turn Bluetooth on / off and also the car ignition, and the device should auto connect!
It is also possible to use voice dialling with Bluetooth File Transfer. Here goes:
• Connect the phone to the car kit.
• Go to your contacts on the phone and select them one by one
• Open the contact required.
• Ensure only one number (mobile / home / office) in the entry. If not create a new unique entry with a single number ie. John Smith Mobile…….
• From the menu button select Share via..Bluetooth File Transfer (NOT Bluetooth)
• The file will be copied to the car kit, and the kit will prompt you to “say the contact’s name”
• After recording your important contacts one by one you should be able to voice from the car kit controls.
Safe driving,
Flyboy737