Droid rebooting

andrewm806

Reaction score
Hey, So i have a rooted droid, and everything was working fine, and then it started rebooting, especially when i plugged it in to my laptop via USB drive.
I have switched ports, wiped the partition and installed clockwork. its now staying on and not rebooting, but the phone doesnt seem to be charging, and now im stuck at the "welcome to Moto Droid" screen.

The battery might just be junk, and i have not tried to plug directly into wall which is my next step.
But....now that its stuck at "welcome to Moto Droid" screen and doesnt allow me to move past this, I now have Two issues..

Let me know if you have any advise.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try a different kernel and see if that helps. What ROM are you running? How did you dl'd it?

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
A

andrewm806

Reaction score
Update, It is now charging! Via wall charger. Although. I am still stuck at the Welcome to droid" screen and it asks me to touch the screen and nothing happens.

OP
A

andrewm806

Reaction score
Im running clockwork recovery 2.5.1 right now and seeing if that helps my issue.

Its good ive got it charging now, but the issue still remains with the rebooting, and not getting past the main screen. im hoping the Clockwork Recovery will fix this.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Update, It is now charging! Via wall charger. Although. I am still stuck at the Welcome to droid" screen and it asks me to touch the screen and nothing happens.

This happened to my little brothers when he reset to factory settings(unrooted). Had to bring it back to VZW to get a warranty replacement. If you have a nandroid backup try getting into recovery and do a nandroid restore. Not sure if that would fix your issue but it's worth a shot.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
A

andrewm806

Reaction score
The Nandroid recovery worked, now its just a matter of getting launcher pro to let me get to my home screen, keeps telling me its expired and to download it over and over.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
The Nandroid recovery worked, now its just a matter of getting launcher pro to let me get to my home screen, keeps telling me its expired and to download it over and over.

That's normal, just update launcher pro and you should be good to go again.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ckirby1

Reaction score
So my wife has a D1 that i just rooted but now wont boot into recovery by holding x, bootstrap or thru rom manager. Anyone have any tips to help? All stock except for rooting. Z4Root.

Sent from my DROID2

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well it has probably updated by now. What version OS?

home>menu>settings>about phone

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it updated and it lost root. Try the first link in my signature.