Droid razr or Droid razr maxx?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
This whole thing about under utilize the phone because it's not on 4g all the time. You don't step full throttle all the time in your car.

I've worked in the technology industry for over 12 years and all this angst over no getting your emails in that second is silly and you are wasting time. :cool:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Why not just make them so you can remove it and users can choose rather than buy s whole new phone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Androidatic

Reaction score
This whole thing about under utilize the phone because it's not on 4g all the time. You don't step full throttle all the time in your car.

I've worked in the technology industry for over 12 years and all this angst over no getting your emails in that second is silly and you are wasting time. :cool:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I agree with you here. Disabling a feature of the phone while the phone isn't being used isn't throttling. It's being prudent.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
Who wouldn't want more battery, with any phone. Kinda like more storage...if you need it, are you willing to pay the extra to get it? Personally, I'm good with the battery and only run out if hittin Netflix.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

crashN2u

Reaction score
I agree with you here. Disabling a feature of the phone while the phone isn't being used isn't throttling. It's being prudent.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Exactly. The only reason for me not to disable cellular data is to have my work emails pushed to my phone, but my job doesn't require me to be connected 100% of the time. The only other reason is what, MMS? I still get notified, I just have to download the pic or video.

infantrytrophy

Reaction score
Please accept my apology for this simple question, but how do you turn off cellular data while leaving wireless on?

It seems logical that you could save battery life by doing this, but how? It's very straightforward to switch from 4G to 3G, but how do you disable cellular data completely?

Thanks

crashN2u

Reaction score
Please accept my apology for this simple question, but how do you turn off cellular data while leaving wireless on?

It seems logical that you could save battery life by doing this, but how? It's very straightforward to switch from 4G to 3G, but how do you disable cellular data completely?

Thanks

Using smart actions. For example, I created a "Data On" and a "Data Off" action. The trigger is whether my display is on or off, the result is whether cellular data is on or not. I can leave 4G, GPS, and WiFi enabled all day for apps to use, but it doesn't run down my battery. It's there when I need it.

techgov8

Reaction score
Using smart actions. For example, I created a "Data On" and a "Data Off" action. The trigger is whether my display is on or off, the result is whether cellular data is on or not. I can leave 4G, GPS, and WiFi enabled all day for apps to use, but it doesn't run down my battery. It's there when I need it.

+1 to that. Thats what I have and it helps out on battery life a lot

thc1967

Reaction score
I had been considering the same scenario since I heard of the MAXX.

My conclusion was that I would (and did) purchase the original RAZR. I use my phone consistently but not constantly. I use it to navigate to and from work every day, and it's plugged in and charging during those times, plus at night.

I didn't think I'd need the extra battery life and therefore the chose slightly thinner and lighter profile, and lower price, of the original.

crashN2u

Reaction score
How? My battery life had gotten so bad I finally just did a factory reset and started over.

Do some research on smart actions. Today was a heavy use day and I'm at 12 hrs off the charger. Still have a couple more hours easy.

Jaeger

Reaction score
Ive tried several smart actions and while they help I still don't come close to that level of battery life.

crashN2u

Reaction score
Ive tried several smart actions and while they help I still don't come close to that level of battery life.

Maybe you should post up your smart actions as well as what you "need" your phone to do. I just put mine in the dock with 15% left after 16 h, 14 m. It can definitely be done. On a normal use day I can get at least 24 h.

bogginblazer

Reaction score
For curiosity, for all of you Droid razr owners, if you had a choice , what would you choice? The super slim and sexy Droid razr with a not good battery life or a fatter less appealing Droid razr maxx with 3000 battery?

Maxx Who cares how ot looks if it dosent function