Droid razr or Droid razr maxx?

tc1

Reaction score
As much as I like my Droid Razr...I would rather have the thicker Maxx and be able to leave all my sync,update,3G/4G radios,etc on all the time.

Yeah I get good battery life now but thats with having everything turned off.

All in all pretty disgusted that this enhanced razr so soon after the 1st.

Zandar

Reaction score
All in all pretty disgusted that this enhanced razr so soon after the 1st.
I don't get this attitude. Why are you disgusted? If the Maxx came out the day after your return period expired, a year later, or never what difference does it make to your device?

It's called "buyer's remorse," it's very common, it's not new, and it often happens to people who either rush into a decision or who are unable to be content with what they have. I knew everything about the RAZR when I got mine. I made an informed decision, and the product delivers to my expectations and more. They could come out with a quad core, 4G phone with a better battery for the same price (and they will) and it won't detract from my enjoyment and usage in any way. I purchased the product knowing what it is and knowing there will be improved versions coming out in the near future.

That's just tech. If you can't take it, don't yell at Motorola for making new stuff; instead, you might want to stop reading tech news. My dad, back when he was a programming teacher, used to give this advice to his students when they would ask him about purchasing a computer: "Research everything and find the best deal on a computer you'll be happy with, then don't look at any computer news for three years." I think a lot of people need to take similar advice for their mobile purchases: Research everything and get a handset you'll be excited about, then don't look at anything else until your contract is up.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I don't get this attitude. Why are you disgusted? If the Maxx came out the day after your return period expired, a year later, or never what difference does it make to your device?

It's called "buyer's remorse," it's very common, it's not new, and it often happens to people who either rush into a decision or who are unable to be content with what they have.

That's just tech. If you can't take it, don't yell at Motorola for making new stuff;

+1,000!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

tc1

Reaction score
If it was a total upgrade processor, gpu, ram, etc then I could understand.

But since the batteries are non replaceable, it feels like a screw job.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
The Bionic is 11mm thick, while the Razr Maxx is only 8.9MM thick. So the Bionic is 2.1mm thicker than the Razr Maxx.

The Razr is 7.1mm thick, so 1.8mm thinner than the Razr Maxx.

Thank you! If you live on the west side of the Pond, 1.8mm is .078" just over a 1/16". Yeah huge,

techgov8

Reaction score
I say forget the maxx. There's always gonna be a better phone than the one you have. New phones come out so quick now so you just have to find something for your own personal preference not what everyone else thinks of it

satarecah

Reaction score
Yeah because in two years when your contract expires you know what will be out? The DROID KRAZER MAXXXX (4xs for super quad core.) just saying

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Yeah because in two years when your contract expires you know what will be out? The DROID KRAZER MAXXXX (4xs for super quad core.) just saying

I'm goings to patient "Razr Quadra Maxx"

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

todroid

Reaction score
Just to update the discussions. Motorola had recently posted on the Maxx website that it will be available on 26th. Well, that date has been taken down, and changed to "available soon" again....

Dave315

Reaction score
Since I knew that battery life would be an issue (actually, it is more of an annoyance), when I bought my Razr I also spent $50 for an 8400 mAh external battery from Amazon. The external battery is relatively small, about the size of my old Palm Pre or a pack of unfiltered cigarettes. It also fully recharges my Razr in about 2 hours, tethers nicely, and isn't that tough to carry around. As a result, I never have to worry about running out of power and I keep the form function of the original Razr.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love my Razr. But I would be an idiot to say I doesn't wish I had a better battery. That's what sets Android users apart from IPhone users, we can admit when something isn't ideal.

That said, I still love my Razr and feel I'll continue to be happy with it for the balance of my two year contract.

rherron

Reaction score
My RAZR lasts me a day with typical use. The battery is fine for me. I'm happy with it.

Zamboniguy420

Reaction score
Battery is completely fine if you know how to use switches or the smart actions correctly. No different then any other smartphone I have used.

My only minor complaints are that with a case on, 1hand operation can be a bit hard at times. And the mini usb & micro hdmi connections being on the top of the phone. Like I said, minor problems.

Internal speaker is fine. Try to have the audio in the video file as MP3.

I looked up alot of reviews of the razr before I picked it up and most of the negative feedback was over the battery life and speaker volume. As mentioned before, both are fine. Speaker mode in a phone call may be a bit low in volume though.

Coming from an iphone3g, I absolutely love this phone! Best phone I have ever owed. I can finally say goodbye to Apple for good!!

Sent from my DroidX using DroidForums

Last edited:
B

bens42608

Nobody is getting a full day with the razr battery unless your having to keep 4g off until u really need it which means typically ur mostly using 3g which completely ruins the practicality of actually having a 4g phone. I nevr turn it off and get over 25 hours w/o charging on ky bionic's extended.

So unless your living on jupiter ur most definitely not getting a full day without independently 4g throttling yourself. Not trying to be an ass but let's be real here

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

crashN2u

Reaction score
Nobody is getting a full day with the razr battery unless your having to keep 4g off until u really need it which means typically ur mostly using 3g which completely ruins the practicality of actually having a 4g phone. I nevr turn it off and get over 25 hours w/o charging on ky bionic's extended.

So unless your living on jupiter ur most definitely not getting a full day without independently 4g throttling yourself. Not trying to be an ass but let's be real here

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I never turn off 4G and get a full day easily. If you count disabling cellular data when the screen is off, throttling, then I throttle. However, nothing I will receive via cellular data is life-or-death. I turn on my screen every 20-30 minutes or so and everything syncs. Wifi is always on so I can connect to work networks. Sure, my work emails are no longer pushed, but if it's that important, they should be texting or calling, not emailing.