Droid Razr M problem and question

Munchnbeaver

Reaction score
I have had the Razr M about 10 months. I have been checking on the System Update for Kit Kat. This morning I checked and I got an update for 98.30.1 about 12.8 mb. I download, install, it reboots, shows the droid and blue bar, halfway it stops and shows the red exclamation mark and starts over, boots, and says update failed.stem
My first question is, do i need this update to get kit kat?
my second is why is this failing to update?

Im running it stock. system version 98.16.3.xt907.verizon.en.us

baseband sm_bp_101032.020.32.78p

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
That same exact thing happened to me. I am unrooted and it failed. However I was rooted before. My phone was stock except that it had root but then I unrooted.

OP
M

Munchnbeaver

Reaction score
That same exact thing happened to me. I am unrooted and it failed. However I was rooted before. My phone was stock except that it had root but then I unrooted.

i was rooted before. but i removed the root, and did a factory reinstall from recovery menu.

do i need this update before i can get kit kat ota? i do not know how to side load it

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
i was rooted before. but i removed the root, and did a factory reinstall from recovery menu.

do i need this update before i can get kit kat ota? i do not know how to side load it

I think you do need to be on the latest jelly bean OTA. In this case its 98.30.1 or 98.18.94 before you take the Kitkat update. Its doesn't matter which of the two you are on. But I am starting to think the only way to solve this problem is to re flash your phone using RSD and the jelly bean fastboot files. http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=8

Last edited: