Droid R2D2 issue

zdeiss

Reaction score
I have a Droid R2D2 but no longer have my Verizon account due to current economic problems. Before I shut off my account I took my Droid off of it with the intentions of selling it but I really would rather hold on to it and continue using it with the WIFI feature...but my phone loops obtaining IP address, connecting, connected, disconnected.

After searching and searching forums and FAQs, I have not been able to solve the problem and was hoping that someone here would be able to either tell me how to get the WIFI to work or if someone could describe to me how I can update the phone to the new Android 2.3.3 manually hoping that would fix the issue.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
You can flash the 2.3.3 with RSD Lite. You will have to go into the R2D2 forum for flashing instructions and files. Or Google How to flash GB to R2D2.

You could do a factory data reset first though to see if that clears the problem with WIFI connection.

OP
Z

zdeiss

Reaction score
You can flash the 2.3.3 with RSD Lite. You will have to go into the R2D2 forum for flashing instructions and files. Or Google How to flash GB to R2D2.

You could do a factory data reset first though to see if that clears the problem with WIFI connection.

I know how to use the RSD, I just can't find where to get the 2.3.3

chrstdvd

Reaction score
There is a link on this page at bottom of post 1. I am not sure if it is Frayo or GB but either way, it will get your phone up and running.