Droid Pro Review

StingRay

Reaction score
Best review I've seen....just what I was needing...thanks tav!

I've got an annual upgrade coming up in the next couple of weeks and I'm leaning heavily towards the Droid Pro....really needing something with a physical keyboard and a device slanted more toward business use than media....unless we get word that the HTC Merge w/LTE comes out in the next month or so, I'll probably go with the Pro...

thanks again for the great review and pics! :icon_ banana:

OP
T

tavenger5

You're welcome - The Droid 2 could be a business phone with the addition of the vpn client, quickoffice, and encryption (that is supposedly coming soon). I posted a review on that phone as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sebastian

Reaction score
This is a VERY fast phone. I've rooted the phone and stopped only the Skype and Amazon Bloatware. Holy Hell this is awesome.

123lgg1.png

And no, I have not overclocked at all.

OP
T

tavenger5

Curious what you did to root it? I couldn't find the bootloader

hoppyjr

Reaction score
I used z4root, a one-click solution available in the Market. It also allows one-click revert/restore/un-root too!

mtavenger55

Reaction score
Great review! I'm looking forward getting mine which will be in the mail in a few days.

Sebastian

Reaction score
I used z4root, a one-click solution available in the Market. It also allows one-click revert/restore/un-root too!

Yeah. I used the same program. Froze the first time, but I just did a battery pull and tried again and tada!