droid or incredible

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by BrianV, Apr 13, 2010.

1. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel Silver Member

Ratings:
    +64
    Personally I am waiting for the HTCrola Super Incredidroidxus 17. I hear that thing is impressive. Rumor has it, it has a built in continuum transfunctioner.

2. jkwakopo

jkwakopo Member

Ratings:
    +0

Well, the reason i got my droid is because of this.. I just didn't want to get some Taiwanese product which I never used.. Even though Moto's been struggling past few years, MOTOROLA is the main reason I went with Droid... Just didn't like spending couple hundred dollars on Taiwanese made hardware over Moto's... Now i'm not saying HTC is terrible... I never used HTC so I wouldn't know but from what I'm hearing around the market, HTC definitely is not the top of line product in terms of hardware quality ( HTC is also known to use cheap parts on their products specially on their touchscreen.. That's why you see all these touchscreen/display problems with N1.)

Google Nexus One versus Motorola Droid Display Shoot-Out

so much for having OLED screen eh?? so what? it doesn't work right lol... I'll stick with my Droid...Seems like HTC can't even get their display/tochscreen right( and i believe these two are most important in terms of user experience). Do you really want to spend $200+ and 2 year contract?

PS: Don't worry about the phone's hardware spec too much (assuming everything is working accordingly)... I mean seriously, we'll have something more incredible than HTC Incredible in 2 month.. and remember, we (Big Red) will probably get 4g next year. I'm not sure if incredible is LTE ready or not. I don't want to get tied to my contract when everyone is telling me how "cool" 4g is lol. I don't know why people are so hyped up by these specs ( I hate hearing Snapdragon.. It's way over-hyped)

Here is the quote from Van Baker and he quotes about his take on hardware hype:

"The user experience as defined by user interface and the services and software that are delivered on the device is what matters, the manufacturers that focus on hardware features alone just don't get it." - Van Baker

sorry for my terribad English, I had two exams today and haven't slept in 48 hrs =(.. It took me 15 mins to write this and honestly I'm so tired I don't even know what I'm writing about.. It will be awesome if my Droid Does take my exams for me =)

Trashing HTC is based on my opinion.. This is how I feel about their products.. I didn't want to hurt Droid Eris users but it's just my opinion and who cares right?

Go VT Hokies!!!

#14 jkwakopo, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  3. pullmehome

pullmehome Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like my droid i will keep it until the hardware is outdated. I know the specs on the N1 and the incredible are better, but not a generation better. I will wait until I need to upgrade hardware to run the newest version of android which doesn't seem that near yet with the droi so I'm happy with moto right now

4. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +16
    i think i might end up giving this phone a try i currently have the droid but i might get this one also =]

5. machineheadg2r

Ratings:
    +0
    Droid can be oc'd to snapdragon speed. Would have to test the htc screen before purchasing, they have not impressed me. Also, I have heard the N1 had some issues for gaming.

The real thing holding back these phones is battery life. Technology is at a point right now where how much horsepower your smart phone has is based on how long it takes to use up that precious battery.

6. smokiedabong

smokiedabong Member

Ratings:
    +14
    You can OC the Droid but you can't increase the RAM , Incredible has double the amount of RAM , which makes it a better multitasker . The OLED screen needs significant less power so the battery will last longer , the camera is better and also the sound quality .

7. jkwakopo

jkwakopo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And this is a quote from our own super moderator Cereal Killer.

"OLED is excellent. It's HTC who makes poor product(s)

Maybe if they didn't kick out 12,500 new devices a week and focused on making solid product these issues wouldn't exist.

HTC reminds me of RIM ; )"

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks HTC makes terrible/cheap products...

#19 jkwakopo, Apr 14, 2010
  8. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0

I really think the Droid is subpar outside. Maybe it is my Texas sun, but I cannot read it at all. Don't get me wrong, I love my Droid, but the first thing I thought when I got it, was its poor outside performance. I am looking forward to the Incredible. I love my Droid, but only use the physical keyboard for SPrecovery. Time will tell though.

9. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0

True, but Motorola kind of had some quality issues for a while as well. Time will tell on this one. BB went completely South in their quality though. And of course there is the king of quality in the average consumer auto industry...oh wait..they were covering up things. Ha ha.

#21 mjs31, Apr 14, 2010
  10. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I have no idea about HTC but I do know this. I'm perfectly happy with the Droid so why look for something else? It does everything I need.

Next time I can upgrade to a new phone then I'll get the latest and greatest. Until then I'm sticking to what works.

I mean what are these new phones going to offer that I can't get now? Nothing really.

11. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I may try out the Incredible when it comes out because ever since Swype and SlideIT i don't use or like the physical keyboard anymore so the keyboard went from being convenient to being something i have to worry about breaking on me. This would be solved if we had a case that disabled the slide out keyboard but we don't so i might look at the incredible for that and the other specs of it are quite impressive. 8mp camera is more than the camera i have here at home lol.

12. HwnDroid

HwnDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd have to say for now its the Droid. When VZW brings out their LTE with 4G phones then I might jump ship. But for now, its all Droid.

#24 HwnDroid, Apr 14, 2010
Search tags for this page
723487686 twitter

what does 723487686 mean

what does 723487686 mean on my droid
what is 723487686
what is 723487686 iphone