Droid only charges when phone is off

N4UPD

Reaction score
hi guys and gals, New here and just got me and my wife a new droid and mine will only charge when the phone is off and the usb connection feels loose. On my wifes it will charge while it is on and the usb conection feels tight and firm. Should I take the phone back to Walmart and exchange it?

toddegreene

Reaction score
Yes take it back. The Droid is supposed to turn on when plugged into the wall charger

OP
N4UPD

N4UPD

Reaction score
ok thanks I will do that I hope the Walmart that is closer to me will exchange it because I bought it at another walmart farther away due to convenience at the time.

OP
N4UPD

N4UPD

Reaction score
Another way to put it is when the phone is on the led does not light up and when I turn off the phone the led lites up. Is that supposed to happen?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If your phone is turned off when plugged into the power jack, then it's definitely defective. One small complaint of mine always has been that I wish it would be able to stay shut off to charge, so it has to be on to be charging.

Also, good to see ANOTHER Ham radio operator on DF! 73

OP
N4UPD

N4UPD

Reaction score
I'm wondering if it is my charger because i can plug the usb cable into the computer and it WILL charge while the phone is on.Any opinions?