Droid OG video playback choppy

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by batttlecheese, Apr 30, 2011.

1. batttlecheese

batttlecheese New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a droid og stock, when I use the camcorder it seems to record fine...but when i play it back the video is very choppy but the audio is smooth. Anyone else have this issue? Or how to fix it.

2. poots

poots New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My wife's OG droid has had the same issue for about a month now. So, we switched phones (she now has the DX).

I've tried many different set ups/roms - stock, stock rooted, bugless beast 6.2.1, ProjectElite 5.02, cyanogenmod 6.1.2 and 7.0.3, each time i'd wipe data/cache 3x. i even wiped everything by SBF'ing back to stock.....still no luck.

for the most part, anytime the default video is used, video playback is iffy. sometimes it works for movies i record on the droid, sometimes it doesn't. apps like movies/flixster, teamcoco, use the default player, and the video doens't play or is extremely choppy and ends up hanging.

3rd party video apps like RockPlayer and MoboPlayer seem to work better, so I want to say it's something wrong with the default video player. Anyone have any suggestions??

Search tags for this page
andriod razr when i play back video its choppy
choppy video playback android
choppy video playback on android
choppy video.android

how to fix choppy video playback on android

how to fix choppy videos on android
how to fix playback for netflix on android
how to repair choppy video on my android phone
phone videos are choppy android
videos play slow and choppy on android