Choppy/laggy music

papy72

Reaction score
When listening to mps3's via a number of different processes (mixzing, stock player, etc.) I am getting very choppy music. The same mp3's play just fine on my PC.

Anyone know what the deal is and/or how to fix it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When listening to mps3's via a number of different processes (mixzing, stock player, etc.) I am getting very choppy music. The same mp3's play just fine on my PC.

Anyone know what the deal is and/or how to fix it?

When's the last time you did a simple reset of your phone (off/on). That may help.

Done that? OK then it may be an app that's causing the problem. If you have Advance Task Killer dump that and see how it works. After that you may need to do a factory data reset.

OP
papy72

papy72

Reaction score
I powered the phone off and on this morning, which is something I previously read might help the issue. Personally I don't see it helping much (if at all) but I guess it's worth a shot.

I am currently running an experiment with playing music withot GDE running. So far I've noticed the skipping much less frequently, but it's still there.

OP
papy72

papy72

Reaction score
Just wanted to post a quick follow-up on this. GDE wasn't the issue, as I was still getting laggy music after stopping it.

In looking at what services were running I found that Sportstap had three different running services. I uninstalled it just to see what was happening and my music has been fine ever since.

My personal belief is that the OS itself isn't giving enough CPU time to the media player services, or perhaps just isn't prioritizing things correctly.