Droid Newb X or Inc??

jdroidme84

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Just got my first droid and I love it so far!! I'm coming from a BB Tour and amazed at what I can do with the android OS so far. I used my NE2 on the X. I'm debating whether or not to return it to order the DInc. I did a lot of looking at both phones leading up to my decision to go for the X when it came out. The X is an awesome phone esp with the screen. Overall, I like the Sense UI more than the MotoBlur but I just feel like the X is a bit too big. I'd just like to get any thoughts/opinions you all have for me. Would I be sacrificing much to go to the DInc besides obviously the screen? Or would I be dumb to return the X and I should just get used to the size and the UI.

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
i personally would go with the x due to the fact that on the droid, i use launcher pro and am thrilled with it so the whole moto blur wouldnt be an issue if i disliked it. and the screen size is amazing. played with it, loved it

OP
J

jdroidme84

Reaction score
what exactly is launcher pro? I've heard of it talked on the forums. Is it like customizing your phone withoutxt actually rooting it?

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
its an alternative home app. so instead of using the stock one, u get to use launcher pro which is very fast and alot of nice features

bmxriderjack

Reaction score
personally i would go with the x, if you dont like the x then i would wait until droid 2 comes out and then return the x to get that. i think htc phones are junk and slow, i have never owned one but all my friends who have them hate them.

launcher pro is an alternative home launcher application,. there is a free beta of it on the market and also a launcher plus which is on these forums, for 2.99 i think.
it allows you to customize your homescreens a little more than normal, and is lightening quick. for example you can add any applications to your dock rather than just having the app drawer button. it also comes with the option to have 5 rows of apps/widgets on your homescreen rather than 4.

Furthermore the x has just been rooted, no ability to flash roms or kernels yet, but its a large step. if you are a fan of rooting like most of us, this is exciting news and has persuaded many more people to go after the x.