Droid Multimedia Dock

billyk

Reaction score
Is this available online from Verizon? I don't see it on their site.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It's a Motorola product, check from their site.

It MIGHT be in stores, I tried to get one about 2 weeks after release date and they said it was backordered to like the thousands.

Viper323

Reaction score
I actually bought one at my local Best Buy, they had like 4 of them in stock!

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Ordered. $22 with free 2-day shipping.
Thanks Verizon!!!

Last edited:

NickWgnr

Reaction score
I picked up mine 3 days ago at the Verizon store, they had a whole boat load of them. I love it too by the way! Oh, I got it for $22 but that was with my discount. Its $30 in store I believe.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have 2 of them, one for the computer/hamshack and the other for bedside mode for the alarm.

nitsuj

Reaction score
I got mine at the Verizon store. Along with the car cradle. I like the Multimedia dock, except it won't work with any cases. I like to keep my phone in a case. I'm a blue collar guy and my phones can take a beating. And it's a pain to have it in a case all day then have to get it out at night. But, so far it's been doable until I find a better solution.

The thing I don't get is why they call it a "multimedia dock". It's really an alarm clock dock.

JayMonster

Reaction score
The thing I don't get is why they call it a "multimedia dock". It's really an alarm clock dock.

Well, besides serving as an alarm clock, the dock holds in a good position for music listening, and of course it is at a great angle for watching videos... so... multimedia dock (but I don't disagree, most... including myself... use it as a clock dock only)

nitsuj

Reaction score
Exactly, I spend all this money on a 60" television and a Macbook, but when that new blockbuster comes out, I'll just fire up the Droid and slide it in the Multimedia dock and make some popcorn. ;-)

JayMonster

Reaction score
Exactly, I spend all this money on a 60" television and a Macbook, but when that new blockbuster comes out, I'll just fire up the Droid and slide it in the Multimedia dock and make some popcorn. ;-)

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of maybe a video podcast, or a couple of youtube clips... but if you want to watch Avatar on it when it comes out... :popcorn:

bobcatdad

Reaction score
I love the docking station! The functionality is totally as advertised. The only draw back is that the only two times my droid froze is when i took it off the cradel :(

douglaswilson

Reaction score
Does the cradle require an app to make it display the screen the ad shows? I thought I remember reading that it required one. If so which one? Thanks.

nitsuj

Reaction score
Not sure which ad you mean. But when in the dock, it displays a special alarm clock display only visible when it's in that dock. Unless you go to the market and get an app that forces the phone to display that when not in the dock. The car dock does a similar thing in that it forces the phone into the car mode. But you can display that one without an add on app.