Droid Marriage Proposal Help

crg1400

Reaction score
So I'm going to ask my girlfriend to marry me. Planning on doing a bit of a scavenger hunt through a Christmas lit park. I'll have family members and friends at strategic locations that would give her a coordinate (Probably longitude/latitude) that would eventually lead her to me.

So i would like to utilize our droid phone. She's not completely tech savvy, so I need to try to make it as simple as possible. I'm thinking about an app that can have coordinates easily entered and then have a map or compass that guides her to the locations. Anyone know of any app with these abilities?

I was looking at Geocaching apps, and I would imagine I could just create some cache's???? Any other bright ideas?

THANKS!!

Reaction score
Lesson #1 on getting along with a (potential) spouse: Learn your spouses strength and weaknesses! If she's not very tech savvy, don't come up with something that may require that in order to propose to her. Do you really want her to get upset and frustrated by trying to figure out cryptic coordinates before popping the question? Yes this could be fun, but for who?

Good luck on however you plan to do it though!

born2golf

Reaction score
Lesson #1 on getting along with a (potential) spouse: Learn your spouses strength and weaknesses! If she's not very tech savvy, don't come up with something that may require that in order to propose to her. Do you really want her to get upset and frustrated by trying to figure out cryptic coordinates before popping the question? Yes this could be fun, but for who?

too true...

dcook12

Reaction score

I was going to also say that if you are going to propose, do you think making her search for you is going to be romantic. She might stick her phone in your mouth. How about just meeting her somewhere....not picking on you but that's the most geeky way to propose I have ever heard...But really I wish you luck...

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I was thinking the exact same thing as you guys. A lil too geeky. I could see if she was tech saavy or something, maybe. Good luck though man.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Agreed. Perhaps another approach bro. :)

--------------------------------------
So tell me Future Boy, who's President of The United States in 1985?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well I think it's romantic :D If you think she might get upset (because she can't find you) make sure you have a nice big beautiful diamond so she'll forget she's mad :D if she's still mad... I'll take the diamond :rofl3:

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

nibblit

Reaction score

AMEN! You've been married for a very long time, no?
-Victoria

Sent from my marginally bricked D2.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
yeah, may lose points on doing something like that where she may miss the point due to frustration. I don't think she'd say no over it, but you want ALL the possible points for the move, not just some of the points.

just informational adding on with how I did it, not saying it's right for you though

I wrote a poem, framed it up, and gave it to her on Thanksgiving morning in 03. The poem was nice, original, and thought out. I spent about 3 weeks preparing. The unique thing about it was each line didn't start on the left margin. What I did was I lined up the letters right down the middle of the paper that spelled out

w
i
l
l

y
o
u

m
a
r
r
y

m
e
?

to really picture this.... think of those old social studies worksheets that had a hidden vocabulary word right down the middle that answered the bonus question at the bottom.

Either way, it worked very well in my case. No tech savy needed.

FWIW though, we are now divorced, but, the way I proposed wasn't the issue lol

Last edited:

pyro6128

Reaction score
^^^ Haha you def just wanted to tell people how you proposed

Br3M3n

Reaction score
Take a look at the Geohunter app. It is a Geocaching app and you will be able to save a waypoint for the location. Then when it will help you get back to that spot using Maps, Navigation or radar.

Good Luck,
Br3m3n

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how your ask her, you're still taking a chance considering the divorce rate is 75%.