Droid keyboard is too hard/Best onscreen keyboard?

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
I personally think swiftkey is garbage. I downloaded it to give it a try, but every time I used the physical keyboard, it would write the words IT wanted to write, not the one I was actually trying to type. Uninstall.

I am a fan of Swype, but right now, I'm just using the default Android Keyboard.

ya i actually didnt like swift key that much. meh.. smart keyboard pro = f*kin awesomenessss

JimmyD

Reaction score
I'm a Swype fan myself.

I used the HTC IME ported keyboard for a while, but went back to Swype.

I haven't tried SwiftKey yet though. I need to give it a shot.

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score
After 3 months with my phone The hardware keyboard has become too hard, the keys are hard as hell so i find myself using the onscreen keyboard instead, is anyone else having this issue?

Btw whats your favorite keyboard? I think mine would have to be the droid x keyboard, i cant believe this is the only multitouch keyboard on android, and what makes a muktitouch keyboard better u might say, well if u type really fast there will be less errors because the screen is able to register 2 taps at the same time instead of having to wait till u lift finger, i wish the droid x keyboard had long press caracters like the htc keyboard

Another thing i have noticed is vibration makes virtual keyboards react slower or is it my imagination?
would have turned that baby in 20......I love mine...trading nothing....rooted and extremely slantwise....

?? would have what?

CityLightsOZ

Reaction score
I like Black Bolts Keyboard, it has the option for regular onscreen qwerty, double querty, and T9. I am a big double qwerty user so this is perfect!

elizfield

Reaction score
Just what do you like about Smart Keyboard Pro. I just downloaded it based on comments here ...What am I missing? (I do like that I have the option of using it in French) It just doesn't seem different than the android one. I still can't type very fast and i still hit the wrong letters.

geetarspaz

Reaction score
i find the only good android keyboard is the htc incredible. #1 reason i miss my iphone is because it could handle fast typing and completely accurate spell correcting.

Droooiiid

Reaction score
I've been using Swype for quite a while now and love it.

I just downloaded Swiftkey to changes things up once in a while. Haven't used it yet so we'll see how it works out.

metzor

Reaction score
Swift key is actually pretty sweet... and it's free (at least during the beta). I definitely have an easier time typing on it than on the stock kb. Someone said it lags, but that's because when you set it up and set it as your default keyboard, for some reason your stock android keyboard is still enabled (even though you'll only see the Swift key keyboard when you go to type). That might not make sense, but install Swiftkey and use it, you'll notice some lag. Then go to your phone's Settings -> Languages & Keyboard, and you'll notice "Android Keyboard" and "Swift Key Beta" are both still selected. I unchecked the Android Keyboard and now it seems silky smooth. At least, that was my experience.

Import roller

Reaction score
I downloaded slideit, but i can't get it to work. Or does it not work if you have Handcent installed?

shmoo

Reaction score
I use the Droid 2 multitouch and love it. Way better than any other that I have found.