droid keeps waking up

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
The proximity sensor overrides the notification system and keeps the screen off by design.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
BTW: Loving this notification stuff. Very cool to be able to see whats up. Now, any trick to it?
If I want to engage the text or email - I have to go thru the normal open steps?
Ooops nevermind, I just figured it out. Man, these designs are so intuitive.

Really starting to Love this phone...... Hey Fox, Yours coming tomorrow?

Yeah, I am expecting it tomorrow (Tuesday). I will have to make a trip to the Phone Center Store to do an exchange but I'll be leaving with my new phone at some point tomorrow.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
In my car if I set it on the seat with screen side up every bump the time and lock turn on. My held awake time is an hour and a half like its waking alot if thats what that stat means

Awake time is not related to the Active Display. Awake means it's actually doing something like sync'ing data or playing a video, or surfing the web, or texting, or phone call, etc. The Active Display (forgot what it's called now), is actually handled by a sub-processor that uses VERY LITTLE power and that allows the main 4 cores to be in sleep mode, thereby preserving battery power. Believe it or not, it's more power efficient than an LED notification, while giving far more feedback.

Solution to your problems...turn the phone face down, or put it into your pocket. The proximity sensor will tell the phone not to activate the Active Display.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
How do I know its not going to turn on in my pocket if its that sensitive?

There is a sensor that will not allow it to turn on when it is dark. Just like putting it face down. I'm assuming that is how it works anyway.

OP
R

ryan586

Reaction score
There is a sensor that will not allow it to turn on when it is dark. Just like putting it face down. I'm assuming that is how it works anyway.

It was dark in my car on the way to work and when I come home that's why I don't know why its turning on. I've already turned off the wave to wake so I didn't think that it should turn on for proximity.