Droid Incredible Stylus

xBBuser

Reaction score
No experience with it, but using my finger works great and doesn't cost anything...

Guchi

Reaction score
I'm sure it works just fine, but why?

IncredibleUser

Reaction score
While I don't have a stylus I can think of several reasons that they are useful.

1. If you have long fingernails, as my wife does, a capacitive touch screen is basically useless. In the several occasions she's used my phone she needs to use her knuckle which isn't exactly very accurate
  2. If you live in a cold weather climate and need to use your phone with gloves on then you're out of luck. I've heard of stories about people using their tongue, a hot dog or a cheese stick, but a stylus is probably more convenient.
  3. If you fall into the group of people that think greasy fingerprints on your phone is just plain gross then a stylus would be for you.
I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons that others might want to use a stylus.

MYINCREDIBLE

Reaction score
i was told the screen needs heat signatuers to work as i even tried w/out using my skin and it didnt work.. i dont see how this would work using a stylis

Reaction score
Its not heat, the screen senses capacitance. These styli work, but remember to ask yourself where you're going to store it. The phone doesn't have a slot for it. I know id lose it in about 0.03 seconds...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

IncredibleUser

Reaction score
EP,

Most stylus do dual duty as pens. If you are used to keeping a pen in your shirt pocket or your pants pocket it should be no problem to replace it with a capacitive touch stylus.

MI,

The person that told you the display was heat sensitive was just guessing. As EP explained it's capacitive which senses conduction.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
There are a ton of these on eBay, all of which are rubber tipped. PM'd one of the vendors to ask him how it could work since a rubber tipped pencil does not. I'll post his response when if/when it comes...

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Well, if you're interested in a stylus, I wouldn't spend the $$$ with the one linked in the op's post. I just picked up one on eBay (item # 220611885508) for $3.90 shipped!! Man, the guy must be buying them for less than a buck to sell them at that. In any event, much to my surprise it DOES work. Not sure how often I'll use it, but would highly recommend this if you're in the market for one...