Droid Incredible is Deleting All E-mails on Phone

zephead

Reaction score
I have a Droid Incredible and recently upgraded to the 2.2 version of the Android system. Since that time, all emails stored on my phone erase themselves whenever I download e-mails on my home computer through Outlook Express.

Evidently, the phone is syncing with the Comcast server and, if nothing is curently on the server, it just deletes all old e-mails on the phone. It should not delete e-mails on the phone regardless of whether or not the server is empty. Once they are on the phone, they should stay there unless I delete them. I use my home computer to archive my e-mails and have my phone set to leave a copy of e-mails on the server. The home computer is not set to leave a copy of messages on the server because it is the main archive for my emails and I don't want to clog up the server with tons of emails. I want to keep all of my emails in Outlook Express, not on the Comast Server. This should not cause the phone to delete all emails on the phone without warning every time I open Outlook Express on my home computer.

This is an issue that only started happening with version 2.2?

Anyone else have this problem and is there a fix or another mail app such as K9 that would not automatically delete emails on my phone?

OP
Z

zephead

Reaction score
That took care of it. Thanks a lot for your help! K9 is much better than the default Android mail app.