1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Incredible Delayed Again, Don't Expect it 'Till August 3rd

Discussion in 'Android News' started by wuyanks, Jul 6, 2010.

1. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

[​IMG]

As if you didn't see this one coming, the Droid Incredible has been delayed yet again. Today, Verizon updated the Incredible's latest proposed ship date on its wireless webpage to August 3rd. We heard a couple of weeks ago that the next Incredibles would ship by July 28th, but apparently that date could not be satisfied.

We all know the issues surrounding Samsung AMOLED shortages, and that the Incredible will likely be switching to another screen (supposedly a TFT LCD) for its newest batch. You also may recall the EOL (End-Of-Line) fiasco surrounding the Incredible back in June, which was debunked by Verizon personnel. While the actual ship date is still up in the air, at least those patient consumers out there have a $25 gift card to keep them cozy as the delays continue.

Is anyone still waiting to purchase a Droid Incredible? Have you already purchased the DI, and are waiting for it to ship? If so, is this new development forcing you to reconsider your smartphone decision? Let us know.

via Phandroid
    source Verizon
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  2. manningfan10

manningfan10 New Member

You can cancel your order and change it to a droid x pre-order
  3. wuyanks

Indeed. However, I know as late as last week, some preferred the Incredible to the X, even with the delays.
  4. GohanBurner

GohanBurner New Member

They should give me one for free...August 3rd is my birthday.
  5. DuclosBrosRacing

DuclosBrosRacing New Member

If I cancel, I will just get into a new queue for the other phone and delay even longer. I am just going to go get an iphone!
  6. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Wow....another delay...

After awhile the aura of waiting for a phone on back order this long is gonna wear off. And with a newer phone coming out thats smaller than the X or with the X being available sooner...some ppl are gonna switch. Switch just to have something, anything in hand, especially something new. They can still do a 30 day change on it if the Inc is available by then.
  7. jsuber

jsuber New Member

But isn't that date tied to those that order that day. For Instance:

June 1st the ship date was July 1 and if you look on July 6th it says the ship date August 3.

No if those that ordered on June 1st are alos getting theirs on August 3rd then that is a serious problem. I read tehy were dropping the AMOLED and switching to something else. Maybe they are retooling. Anyway, it doesn't matter, I went to BB and placed an order for the Droid X and Spring let me out of my contract.
  8. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Then head over to iPhone 4 Forum
  9. wuyanks

i believe you may be correct. hopefully somebody who has been waiting for awhile can chime in on this.
  10. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

They just need to put this one to rest. The DI missed it's prime and there is no getting that back. Lots of ticked off VZW customers and HTC fans I'm sure.
  11. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator Premium Member

So the guys that started df.net, do they just run forums for a living? :icon_eek:
  12. Cole119

Cole119 New Member

I disagree, there is still a very useful spot in VZW's lineup for the Incredible. In fact, if they fix the Incredible's shipping problems, I wouldn't be surprised if the Incredible sells more than the X just because it looks more like an iPhone. That probably won't happen though, because VZW is going to be marketing the **** out of the X, but if they both had an even playing ground, the Incredible would win with the general consumer.
  13. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

AFAIK....Yup....Not too bad of a way to work. (wish I would of thought of it)...
  14. StiKemUp

StiKemUp New Member

Ordered my Incredible from Amazon about a week ago, and it's out for delivery today :D
  15. wuyanks

sweet, a positive story for oncedancedroid

welcome to the Droid family :)
  16. StiKemUp

StiKemUp New Member

Oh why ty sir ;D

I'd recommend anyone trying to get a DI check out Wirefly or Amazon.. They claim it will ship in 1-2 weeks.. Was very surprised to get an email after just a few days saying my phone would ship much sooner than expected.
  17. zMd113

zMd113 New Member

I love my Incredible!
  18. nerdkill

nerdkill New Member

i think this is the nail in the coffin. the phone is going to be old by the time they get stocked and then they'll have to be given away for free. what an amazing screw up for such a promising device. big blow for htc and for android imo (even if it's not androids fault).

anyone have any links that talk about what actually happened? i keep hearing that samsung doesn't have enough screens for them, but how many did htc actually order? i would really like to know who's fault all of this is as it might make me think about future purchases. i prefer to buy mass produced successful phones because they stay relevant and get better support for longer.
  19. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

U just now finding out....:p I visited most of the other ones, not the iPhone too much.
  20. wuyanks

google search: htc amoled shortage.

tons of articles about it. but i doubt there's any talk about specific # of screens. although it did seem fishy, that the shortages took place just before Samsung began its Galaxy S rollout