Droid Incredible 2 vs. Droid X2

Droidram56

Reaction score
I would like to hear from anyone who has owned and used both the Droid Incredible 2 and Droid X2.

Which one did you prefer and ultimately go with and why?

I am aware of the specs for each phone. But I'd like to hear of actual comparative experience people have had with both phones.

Thanks!

Castro

Reaction score
Well, I happen to own both devices. I purchased the X2 first and I was very impressed with the bright display and speed of the dual core. Coming from an X you can really see the difference in the display. I recently purchased the droid incredible 2 and even though it is a single core, it is a very fast phone. In my opinion just as fast as the X2. All in all, I believe the DINC2 to be a better phone personally. It has a sleeker round design, front facing camera but best of all, there will definitely be custom ROMS for it, unlike the X2. No one is really sure about Motorola anymore, with their locked bootloaders and withhold of SBF files.

Exayex

Reaction score
Well, I happen to own both devices. I purchased the X2 first and I was very impressed with the bright display and speed of the dual core. Coming from an X you can really see the difference in the display. I recently purchased the droid incredible 2 and even though it is a single core, it is a very fast phone. In my opinion just as fast as the X2. All in all, I believe the DINC2 to be a better phone personally. It has a sleeker round design, front facing camera but best of all, there will definitely be custom ROMS for it, unlike the X2. No one is really sure about Motorola anymore, with their locked bootloaders and withhold of SBF files.

While HTC is very good at ensuring their 1 ghz single core phones are fast now...the dual core of the X2 will more than likely pull ahead if and when it receives gingerbread. Also the DINC2 didn't feel as sturdy in my hands, and I know motorola has amazing antennae in their phones.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Castro

Reaction score
While HTC is very good at ensuring their 1 ghz single core phones are fast now...the dual core of the X2 will more than likely pull ahead if and when it receives gingerbread. Also the DINC2 didn't feel as sturdy in my hands, and I know motorola has amazing antennae in their phones.

Yea, it all just comes down to personal preference. I feels to me like HTC Sense is more responsive and has better customization options than Motorola Blur.

Exayex

Reaction score

Yea, it all just comes down to personal preference. I feels to me like HTC Sense is more responsive and has better customization options than Motorola Blur.

I definitely like Sense more than Blur, but you can fix software and can't do much about hardware.

Castro

Reaction score
I definitely like Sense more than Blur, but you can fix software and can't do much about hardware.

You can only do so much with the X2's locked bootloader. And I'm not sure how critical RAM is, but the DINC2 has more than the X2.

Pmoser

Reaction score
And HTC usually has better Dev support

Sent from my rooted Droid Increidble

Exayex

Reaction score

You can only do so much with the X2's locked bootloader. And I'm not sure how critical RAM is, but the DINC2 has more than the X2.

You can still root, freeze bloat and supercharge. Doing so creates quite the beast.

The Droid 3 has 512 ram too. It's plenty for a smart phone. More ram never hurts but 512 isn't necessarily bad.

micjmac

Reaction score
You probably can't go wrong with either. I may give the X2 a try as Costco gives you a 90 day period to freely exchange phones for whatever reason. The X2 forum here rubbed me the wrong way though with all of the negative threads. What ultimately made my decision to go with the DINC2 was the X2's well known "popping" issue while listening to music on the microSD. Music was a very important factor in my purchase, so I didn't want to take a chance. Also, the way I see it: I don't know what other people are doing with their phones, but the DINC2 CPU is plenty fast for my style, so honestly I don't really see the need for the X2's speed, and with all the X2 issues floating around, the extra speed most definitely wasn't worth the risk to me.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Played around with both phones today at the VZW store. The DInc2 felt so thin in my hands. The X2 seemed pretty good to me. Moto unlocked the bootloader on the Atrix so there's a possibility that the x2 might get the same treatment.
Personally I'm waiting to see what the D3 is going to be like.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Droidram56

Droidram56

Reaction score
I am eligible to upgrade from my OG Droid but like many folks have been waiting for the release of the Droid Bionic and like many folks am losing patience with the wait. I am not overly impressed with the reviews of any of the current LTE phones of Verizon. Thus, I am considering the Inc2 and the X2. I tested several phones in a Verizon store a couple of weeks ago and found that I like HTC's UI. I really liked the TB in the store but the negative reviews make me reluctant to buy it. Thanks everyone for your comments.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The x2 has some serious software and memory management issues. I would stay away from that. The inc2 seems to be all around good from what I have read.

Sent from my fascinate

Exayex

Reaction score
Well, I returned my X2 for an Incredible 2. The screen on the X2 nagged me, and stock the phone would go from blazing fast to bogged down. Also, I wasn't too happy about guessing if it would get gingerbread.

The DI2 is consistently smoother and has a better screen. The only thing that confuses me is that swype was ridiculously accurate on the X2 and has been difficult on the DI2.

I still think the X2 has more potential if the software issues get straightened out. But I don't want to risk them not being fixed.
Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Card

Reaction score
I actually looked at both phones side-by-side yesterday while looking at which device to upgrade to.

I chose the Incredible 2 for a few reasons.
1. The Inc2 just feels more comfortable in my hand. This is purely subjective.
2. The screen on the DX2, while 0.3" bigger, is the new PenTile screen. It displays colors incorrectly, and generally looks awful compared to the Super LCD on the Inc2.
3. As of right now, the Inc2 seems to be a more stable phone with less user complaints.