incredible 2 or x 2?

mpetrie84

Reaction score
my g/f and I recently updated our phones. I went with the Incredible 2 and she decided on the droid 2 global. she made her decision because she wanted to keep a keyboard. Now she realizes what I've been telling her, and she doesn't want the keyboard anymore. We've been debating on what phone to get her now, thunderbolt or incredible 2 and we just don't really want the 4G LTE yet, I've been reading plenty of things regarding issues with the LTE network and the Thunderbolt. So Incredible 2 wins!

but Now I hear that the X2 is released. HELP!!! What should she exchange her Droid 2 for?

anguish

Reaction score
My thoughts? If it's a Motorola, stay away. Blur sucks, and they've got issues that they've known about for over six months with previous phones that they haven't addressed. I wouldn't expect rapid response from them to fix issues that might exist moving forward with their phones either. There's a very good reason I ditched my D2G and paid full price for my DINC2...it freaking works!

twokatmew

Reaction score
I just got an Incredible 2. The guy at Verizon tried to talk me into the Thunderbolt, which I knew I didn't want. I absolutely love the Incredible 2. It's a global phone too, btw. The 4" screen is the perfect balance (IMNSHO) between size and viewability, and it's bright and clear. The phone is fast, and doesn't seem to have any issues like the TBolt. I'd buy the Inc2 again in a heartbeat!

nojoke

Reaction score
Motorola has better quality hardware; microphone, speaker, antenna...etc.
HTC is known for its U.I.
Samsung for its screens

Pick and choose your poison

PhDCow

Reaction score
I just switched from a DX to the Inc2. I was comparing the X2 with the Inc2. Motoblur was one of my biggest annoyances. And the X felt boxy compared to the Inc2. Sense is taking some getting used to, but I'm glad that I made the switch.

hxx

Reaction score
I went through the same dilemma about 2 weekes ago. I literally walked into the store willing to get the x2 and walked out with the incredible 2. The incr2 looks better and the size its just right. Aesthetically, the incr2 wins hands down IMO.

Don't fall for the hardware because most phones run on single cores and I doubt these phones(or apps) are optimized for dual cores. We are just not there yet. Kind of the same with 4G. Once this technology becomes mainstream then upgrade.

The screen is nice on the X2 but I wasn't a fan of the blue-ish color that predominates the screen. Colors are not as vibrant as they are on the Incr2 at least to my eye.

Best way is to go and spend a few hours playing with both. That's how I ended up getting the Incr2 :)

PhDCow

Reaction score
I definitely agree about the hardware. When I went on Friday, I know the manager and he was pushing me to the X2 because of the dual core. Um, ok.

Honestly, shortly before I ditched the X, I received the Gingerbread update which certainly made the X snappier. However, I'm finding the Inc2 to have the same level of speed while running Froyo. And I don't see a difference between the "improved battery life" of the X on Gingerbread and the Inc2 the way it is.