Droid Incredible 2 Root??

guns

Reaction score
Was wondering if there was ever a root released for the incr 2? And if so could anyone point me in the right direction.... Thx

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Was wondering if there was ever a root released for the incr 2? And if so could anyone point me in the right direction.... Thx

There has not been. Alpharevx claims they have a way to root it, but they have been claiming it for a few weeks now without releasing anything. Many including myself are starting to believe it was a ploy to get donations.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

OP
G

guns

Reaction score
Ok Thx... I no a few days ago I seen something about it... Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything

devator22

Reaction score

There has not been. Alpharevx claims they have a way to root it, but they have been claiming it for a few weeks now without releasing anything. Many including myself are starting to believe it was a ploy to get donations.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

This guy has been trolling xda for a while now, making false claims without any actual proof. He does not even have an Inc2. Yes, root has not been released yet, but s-off has been achieved. That has been proved. When he says many believe that, he means three or four people believe that.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using the DroidForums app.

OP
G

guns

Reaction score
I hope that something is released soon so I can get rid of all this crap that is useless on this phone... I'm new to the hole rooting thing so other then removing all that stuff not really sure what rooting does... So any pointers or things to read to let me no what all rooting does will be great... Will give me something to do until the root is released.... Thx

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
You can get full S-OFF rooted at the moment but the method costs. You have to get something called the XTC Clip. It's a hardware based rooting method. You use the Clip to root the phone and achieve full S-OFF. The only downside is that the move is permanent, so that would hurt warranty issues. Other than that, good way to go. I have my clip ordered from eBay and just waiting for it to come in. ROM's are already rolling and looking very good.

My Clip costs about $48 for the one time hit, but there are several lists on XDA moving now with people sharing their clips for the cost of shipping. Might want to look into that.

TheCheeze

Reaction score
Alpharevx have released their s-off tool. Worked perfect on my wife's phone