1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Incredible 2 Root??

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible 2 Hacks' started by guns, Jun 30, 2011.

1. guns

guns New Member

Was wondering if there was ever a root released for the incr 2? And if so could anyone point me in the right direction.... Thx
  2. kingsway8605

kingsway8605 New Member

There has not been. Alpharevx claims they have a way to root it, but they have been claiming it for a few weeks now without releasing anything. Many including myself are starting to believe it was a ploy to get donations.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
  3. guns

guns New Member

Ok Thx... I no a few days ago I seen something about it... Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything
  4. devator22

devator22 New Member

This guy has been trolling xda for a while now, making false claims without any actual proof. He does not even have an Inc2. Yes, root has not been released yet, but s-off has been achieved. That has been proved. When he says many believe that, he means three or four people believe that.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using the DroidForums app.
  5. guns

guns New Member

I hope that something is released soon so I can get rid of all this crap that is useless on this phone... I'm new to the hole rooting thing so other then removing all that stuff not really sure what rooting does... So any pointers or things to read to let me no what all rooting does will be great... Will give me something to do until the root is released.... Thx
  6. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

You can get full S-OFF rooted at the moment but the method costs. You have to get something called the XTC Clip. It's a hardware based rooting method. You use the Clip to root the phone and achieve full S-OFF. The only downside is that the move is permanent, so that would hurt warranty issues. Other than that, good way to go. I have my clip ordered from eBay and just waiting for it to come in. ROM's are already rolling and looking very good.

My Clip costs about $48 for the one time hit, but there are several lists on XDA moving now with people sharing their clips for the cost of shipping. Might want to look into that.
  7. TheCheeze

TheCheeze New Member

Alpharevx have released their s-off tool. Worked perfect on my wife's phone
  8. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Just got a crash course on Ubuntu and did it on mine as well. Worked perfectly.
Search tags for this page

one click root incredible 2

root htc incredible 2 with superoneclick

super one click incredible 2

superoneclick dinc2
superoneclick htc incredible 2

superoneclick incredible 2

was super one click droid incredible 2