Droid Incredible 2 OTA Update Going out

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
dinup.jpg

HTC and Verizon are known for their quick updates to the latest software; their Droid Incredible 2 should now be getting Google's latest. This update was reported/rumored on Friday to be coming soon, and it is already out. The update is reported to be around 115MB, so you're certainly going to be downloading a big package. Droid-life says for rooted devices, this updated should be avoided because you'll lose your root.

For more discussions on the Incredible 2 update, be sure to visit the Droid Incredible 2 Forum

Any updates around here?
Via: droid-life

rumblee1

Reaction score
Ahh, but there is no way to avoid Verizon updates. I have a droid x. It was rooted. Great phone and loved it. Then one day the gingerbread update AUTOMATICALLY DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED. Couldn't do anything about it. The phone has had issues ever since. Terrible lag, keeps rebooting, camera and camcorder have serious issues. I was going to get the inc2 to get root back but when I saw they were going to force out gingerbread, I said forget it. Who owns this phone anyway? Must be Verizon and moto since they are controlling it.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Ahh, but there is no way to avoid Verizon updates. I have a droid x. It was rooted. Great phone and loved it. Then one day the gingerbread update AUTOMATICALLY DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED. Couldn't do anything about it. The phone has had issues ever since. Terrible lag, keeps rebooting, camera and camcorder have serious issues. I was going to get the inc2 to get root back but when I saw they were going to force out gingerbread, I said forget it. Who owns this phone anyway? Must be Verizon and moto since they are controlling it.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

There is a reject update option

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

rumblee1

Reaction score
On the droid x update, the only this.g hou could do was delay the update. You could not stop it. I hit that button a few times. But woke up the next morning and found the update downloaded and installed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Only thing I see that is obvious is a "quick settings" option in the notification pull down. It's a separate tab that is basically a power widget. Haven't seen a way to change it yet. Download and install was about 10 minutes for 116.03 mb. I'll post more if I find anything. Going to reboot now and look for an option to unlock the bootloader. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

mafiafan123

Reaction score
Need GB on thunderbolt already :icon_evil: It feels like its being skipped although im happy for you Incredible 2 owners. :icon_ banana:

TriDwayne

Reaction score
Have it installed on my Inc2. Meh, looks the same so far. Underwhelming, unless there's something new I haven't played with yet.