Droid - Gmail stuck in Outbox

hacku

Reaction score
Anyone else having this problem? Started happening with my phone yesterday. I try replying to an email and it just sits in the Outbox as "Sending". Everything works fine from my desktop though.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Clean out your gmail and gmail storage caches. You'll have to filter all in manage applications to find the gmail storage app.

subsynth

Reaction score
yeah this is happening to me, emails not sending (stuck in outbox) emails read on droid still show up as unread on the web. etc
Going to clear my caches and see if that helps.

ETA:
Cache clearing did the trick, sent an email to and from my work address and everything went through, marked as read, etc.

FWIW I couldn't find the Gmail storage app in my froyo build, I filtered all and looked in titanium as well. Still just clearing the data from Gmail app did the trick for me.

Last edited:
OP
hacku

hacku

Reaction score
* Cleared cache in both Gmail and Gmail Storage.
* Sent email from work to Gmail (received)
* Replied to work email (stuck in Outbox)
* Created new email from Droid (stuck in Outbox)

Anyone else have any ideas? This just started happening yesterday, and have noticed other people started having this problem yesterday as well. :(

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
* Cleared cache in both Gmail and Gmail Storage.
* Sent email from work to Gmail (received)
* Replied to work email (stuck in Outbox)
* Created new email from Droid (stuck in Outbox)

Anyone else have any ideas? This just started happening yesterday, and have noticed other people started having this problem yesterday as well. :(

Could be there are some problems on the server end. I've been noticing odd behavior off and on from both gmail and k-9 (which is pointed at my gmail account) since yesterday. However, it comes and goes and k-9 went crazy resynching earlier today.

Just checked, however, and everything is working fine.

Taegost

Reaction score
I used to have that issue all the time when I used the stock app, I switched to K9 and haven't had an issue with it. I didn't notice anything odd with it yesterday, but then again, I also wiped and flashed ROMs at least 3 times yesterday :)

ricks

Reaction score
Clean out your gmail and gmail storage caches. You'll have to filter all in manage applications to find the gmail storage app

How do I do this. I am having the same issue.

OP
hacku

hacku

Reaction score
Clean out your gmail and gmail storage caches. You'll have to filter all in manage applications to find the gmail storage app

How do I do this. I am having the same issue.

Settings > Applications > Manage Appplications > Menu Button > Filter > All

I tried this but it didn't work for me. Good luck...

droijo

Reaction score
I've had this problem since day one with mines too. Never could find a fix and just ignored it now. Eventually, the email will send itself. Could be minutes or hours.

OP
hacku

hacku

Reaction score
Well I just noticed the the problem isn't isolated to sending new emails or replying to them. It's also not syncing with Gmail from the phone.

Example:

If I read or delete an email on the phone, it doesn't show it as read or deleted in Gmail. But if I read it or delete the email in Gmail, it does update on the phone.

This is getting ridiculous now... :(

AngryHatter

Reaction score
A hard shutdown fixed it for me. It needs to be done every time I get the errors - i.e. somewhat frequently.

FrancaV

Reaction score
A hard shutdown fixed it for me. It needs to be done every time I get the errors - i.e. somewhat frequently.
I have a message that's been in my outbox since Feb. 6. I only just noticed today that it had never been sent. I have done many shutdowns of the phone (including battery removal) since Feb. 6th and yet there it still sits....