Gmail not sending from droid

pmas

Reaction score
Hi all
Just started having this problem today. My gmail account works fine on the pc, but suddenly, on the droid, I am unable to send email. Sync works, receiving email works. Just wont send. It just sits in the outbox with "sending" in red. I have tried the reboot thing to no avail.
Any suggestions?

butch350

Reaction score
Hi all
Just started having this problem today. My gmail account works fine on the pc, but suddenly, on the droid, I am unable to send email. Sync works, receiving email works. Just wont send. It just sits in the outbox with "sending" in red. I have tried the reboot thing to no avail.
Any suggestions?

Is it gmail or Email?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Any suggestions?

Is it gmail or Email?

Since he said gmail on computer I would imagine it's his gmail on Droid.

butch350

Reaction score
Hi all
Any suggestions?

Is it gmail or Email?

I can read and comprehend. Sometimes by mistake I'll try and send thru the email folder on my droid dekstop instead of hitting gmail, since my email folder link is not setup - my mail will not go anywhere.

Do you ahve a solution to his problem OTHER than pointing out GMAIL
on his PC?

OP
P

pmas

Reaction score
Is it gmail or Email?

I can read and comprehend. Sometimes by mistake I'll try and send thru the email folder on my droid dekstop instead of hitting gmail, since my email folder link is not setup - my mail will not go anywhere.

Do you ahve a solution to his problem OTHER than pointing out GMAIL
on his PC?

Its my gmail account. Still have not figured it out so I am going to do a factory reset.

bradgsanford

Reaction score
I'm having trouble sending and receiving on mine? Does a factory reset wipe out all your screen set ups?

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No hard rest required just do the folowing:

Go to menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications.

Then click menu -> Filter -> All.

Scroll down until you see the Gmail and Gmail Storage. Click both of these and select clear data.

The phone will then resync with Gmail and all should be well.

bradgsanford

Reaction score
Thanks. I just found the same thing on Droid Life. I will say that I only had to clear the storage for it to start working. I didn't have to clear Gmail itself.

jamko101

Reaction score

Scroll down until you see the Gmail and Gmail Storage. Click both of these and select clear data.

w00t, that worked for me. I was having the same problem as Pmas was... it was starting to get super irritating, hints the reason why I'm here. Thanks specmac

hahn

Reaction score

w00t, that worked for me. I was having the same problem as Pmas was... it was starting to get super irritating, hints the reason why I'm here. Thanks specmac

yes. w00t indeed. But let us not forget that the original post did not get the benefit of this fine solution. A toast to the fallen. Pour one out for our homey.

A toast to the blissful trailblazers, though you may die along the way, your struggle is not in vain. The next generation will avoid the crevasses because of the warnings provided by your decaying corpse.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, clearing gmail data solves syncing problems. In my quest to avoid the problem in the first place, I've seen a couple people mention that the problem is wifi. Apparently, if you're connected to wifi and leave the range of the wifi signal, a problem sometimes pops up where the handover to 3G isn't handled properly and apps aren't properly authenticating with google.

Right now, this is just a theory but I haven't used wifi for several days and my syncing issues have so far been solved. The email app would also stop polling and that has cleared up too. MAYBE the workaround is if you are in range of wifi, toggle it on to use it. Just remember to toggle it off when done. Or just don't use wifi. Again, I am just theorizing.

timurcivan

Reaction score

Thank you.... you just made my day better. I was pulling out whats left of my hair, screaming because i cant respond to a job offer....... but now i can, and i got the gig.

you Rule!

ewb

Reaction score
I cleared data and cache in gmail and gmail storage... still red "sending." What I have to do to get it to tell me it sent is hit refesh in the inbox. I don't know if it's actually sent but just isn't telling me that, or if it truly is still trying to send and doesn't until I hit refresh. But I'd love for it to work without that step, so if anyone has any other ideas...