droid for dummies?

cyber3d

Reaction score
I did a check on Amazon and they usually show upcoming (as yet unpublished) books and I found nothing on the Droid specifically. That amazes me.

spazma7ik

Reaction score
As for wanting to root your DROID wait off man, haha. Your still asking about some pretty basic stuff.
I wish I had the time to learn everything nice and slow, but I've only a few weeks in which to decide if I will remain on the Droid platform for the next two years or if I am going back to a Windows based smart phone. I need the ability to wifi tether my Droid to my laptop. This is not optional, and in order to do this with the Droid I'm told I have to root it. There are many features I really like about my Droid, but it seems like a major pain to get it to do what my Windows based smartphones already do and even then there is no guarantee that it will work.

Check out PDAnet, the free version allows USB tethering of your phone you just can't access HTTPs sites during, and if you want to buy the full version for a single $30 download then it is unrestricted. It's SUPER easy to set up and get going. Though just be aware that apparently it's strictly against Verizon's TOS but they'd never know unless you were using 100 GB's a month or something.