1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Eris - proxy

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by maxdroid, Dec 9, 2009.

1. maxdroid

maxdroid New Member

Is there a way to set a http proxy so when I connect to my corporate WiFi i can surf the internet?

Thanks,
  2. Jolest

Jolest New Member

Why do you think you need a proxy?

Unless your companies IT department prevents it, you should be able to just go ahead and surf via WiFi. :)
  3. maxdroid

maxdroid New Member

Me: Hey IT guy, nice mac you have there, is that a new quad core? BTW I have my new droid connected to our corporate wifi network and can't seem to surf the internet.

IT Guy: Did you set the proxy , like is set in your web-browser on your corporate laptop that uses our corperate wifi network?

Me: No, I didn't see a place to set that on my droid. Do you know how to set it?

IT Guy: No, I don't know how to set it on the droid, if it were an iPhone, I could help you. You have to use our corporate proxy to be able to surf external (outside the corporate wifi network) websites. For example
    Code:
     www.apple.com
    Me: Thanks me obvious, your the best. I will ask around about how to set the wifi proxy on my new droid
Search tags for this page
ð½ð°ññ‚ñ€ð¾ð¹ðºð° ð¿ñ€ð¾ðºñð¸ maxdroid

usurf for android