Droid Eris not working

edbrewer6

Reaction score
Hi, so I was using my Eris to try and power it down to zero because i read online this is good to do for a healthy lithium-ion battery. I had the screen brightness on full power, and i was on the Market, downloading apps. I dowloaded this UI app called LauncherPro Beta. As soon as I did, it asked me with what i would like to go home with, HTC Sense, Home, or LauncherPro. I chose launcher pro just to see what it was like, and it was fine, but i prefer HTC sense. So i was scrolling through manage applications to find HTC sense to set it to default, and then my phone turned off, while i was listening to music. When i try to turn it on, it goes normally, doing the android skateboard screen, the the HTC quietly brilliant screen, then the Verizon wireless screen. But after the Verizon screen, it goes dark for a half second and goes back to the HTC quietly brilliant screen. Ive taken out the battery many times and tried to turn it on many times, but it keeps doing the same thing. I even left it on for 7 hours and it was still doing the switch back and forth. What should i do?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I was using my Eris to try and power it down to zero because i read online this is good to do for a healthy lithium-ion battery. I had the screen brightness on full power, and i was on the Market, downloading apps. I dowloaded this UI app called LauncherPro Beta. As soon as I did, it asked me with what i would like to go home with, HTC Sense, Home, or LauncherPro. I chose launcher pro just to see what it was like, and it was fine, but i prefer HTC sense. So i was scrolling through manage applications to find HTC sense to set it to default, and then my phone turned off, while i was listening to music. When i try to turn it on, it goes normally, doing the android skateboard screen, the the HTC quietly brilliant screen, then the Verizon wireless screen. But after the Verizon screen, it goes dark for a half second and goes back to the HTC quietly brilliant screen. Ive taken out the battery many times and tried to turn it on many times, but it keeps doing the same thing. I even left it on for 7 hours and it was still doing the switch back and forth. What should i do?

Call Verizon or go to your local Verizon store.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Arrg, same thing happened to me, but just out of the blue. I upgraded a few apps last night, then turned my phone off. This morning, it's in an infinate loop between the Verizon/HTC screens. Going to go to Verizon this morning...