Droid Display Issues

carlqc

Reaction score
This is a stock Moto Droid, running 2.0.1. Not rooted or modified in any way. No exposure to water, has been dropped a couple times, but not recently.
I noticed it was behaving strangely early last week. Occasionally, when I opened the physical keyboard, the screen would go black. Opening / closing it a couple times seemed to be a temporary fix.
Yesterday, after attempting to use the physical keyboard, the phone completely locked up and would only accept input from the power button (no touchscreen, no volume controls). Did a battery pull and rebooted. Same thing. I cannot do a hard reset, because once the keyboard is opened it locks up.
Today, I went to wake the phone, and the backlight came on, but nothing else. Did a battery pull again to try to bring it back, and have tried numerous times since, with no luck. As far as I can tell, it's completely borked. I'm taking the phone in to Verizon tomorrow to have them check it out, but wanted to see if anyone here had any ideas/explanations first. Thanks.

RLJSlick

Reaction score
Yeah I think you have a bad unit, get a replacement, and don't take no for a answer.

OP
C

carlqc

Reaction score
Update:
Got a replacement Droid, no questions asked!! :icon_ banana: