Droid BIONIC ICS 4.04 Update?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Droid_Ritch, Jul 6, 2012.

1. wseyller

wseyller Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Some believe that the latest leak "230" will be the one that will become the official OTA. That would just mean that everyone that already has it just gets it early. Also it is not an issue to get back to the current stock 905 os if you desire. The 230 build is by far the best of any build I've seen on the bionic so far.

2. altspeed

altspeed Active Member

Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    Ratings:
    +17
    Yeah, unlike yours also, ours will flash back, and (this is major) we can replace our batteries with zero tools. LOL

3. jayman350

jayman350 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    one of the single biggest reasons that I love my Bionic, i really don't think i could deal with a permanent battery in my phone.

4. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    If a leaked OTA were to be tampered with, it would fail the signature verification and wouldn't install. The fact of the matter is that 6.7.230 is an official Motorola OTA for the Bionic which simply hasn't been approved for release by Verizon. It is every bit as feature complete as the RAZR version, perhaps even a bit more polished. And if worse comes to worse, the .902 FXZ file along with RSDLite will return the phone to bone stock condition.

For instance, I leaked 5.9.905 for the Bionic before Verizon ended up approving it. That very build became the official OTA update.

Long story short, if you are concerned about the leak simply because of the possibility of tampering, with the Motorola bootloader being locked such a worry is unwarranted, because tampering is impossible.

5. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    I'm thinking that being a RAZR owner, the OP has heard the horror stories about running the leak and not being able to get back to stock. If I were a RAZR owner, the word "leak" would probably make ME cringe, as well.

6. hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo Member

Ratings:
    +7
    One thing I've noticed from 2.3.x to 4.0.x is that the "Emergency Alerts" application actually works. A few months ago we were pummeled with hail and flooding and had some Amber alerts in our area, but the app did nothing. I just got a notification that there's a flash flood warning about 15 minutes ago xD go Motorola! Save da world!

7. Nedaroth

Nedaroth Member

Ratings:
    +2

Hope not to many issues.

Search tags for this page

bionic ics update 4.04

bionic ics update 4.04 download
where do i find amber alerts on droid bionic ice cream sandw