Droid BIONIC ICS 4.04 Update?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's cool I have nothing against rooting, hacking, or simply even installing a leaked software download. Its cool and fun I'm just not big on installing leaked and tweaked software onto my phone in which I'm not sure where and how its been tampered with in the process of being leaked..I just prefer the factory settings in which the phone and os were originally designed for...I really could care less how smooth your phone runs...simply to each their own...I had a feeling this would bring attention to those who like to tamper with their phones lol...I'm not trying to debate guys...simply stating my preference.

If a leaked OTA were to be tampered with, it would fail the signature verification and wouldn't install. The fact of the matter is that 6.7.230 is an official Motorola OTA for the Bionic which simply hasn't been approved for release by Verizon. It is every bit as feature complete as the RAZR version, perhaps even a bit more polished. And if worse comes to worse, the .902 FXZ file along with RSDLite will return the phone to bone stock condition.

For instance, I leaked 5.9.905 for the Bionic before Verizon ended up approving it. That very build became the official OTA update.

Long story short, if you are concerned about the leak simply because of the possibility of tampering, with the Motorola bootloader being locked such a worry is unwarranted, because tampering is impossible.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some believe that the latest leak "230" will be the one that will become the official OTA. That would just mean that everyone that already has it just gets it early. Also it is not an issue to get back to the current stock 905 os if you desire. The 230 build is by far the best of any build I've seen on the bionic so far.

I'm thinking that being a RAZR owner, the OP has heard the horror stories about running the leak and not being able to get back to stock. If I were a RAZR owner, the word "leak" would probably make ME cringe, as well.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
One thing I've noticed from 2.3.x to 4.0.x is that the "Emergency Alerts" application actually works. A few months ago we were pummeled with hail and flooding and had some Amber alerts in our area, but the app did nothing. I just got a notification that there's a flash flood warning about 15 minutes ago xD go Motorola! Save da world!

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Some believe that the latest leak "230" will be the one that will become the official OTA. That would just mean that everyone that already has it just gets it early. Also it is not an issue to get back to the current stock 905 os if you desire. The 230 build is by far the best of any build I've seen on the bionic so far.

Hope not to many issues.