Droid BIONIC ICS 4.04 Update?

Droid_Ritch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
So I have the Droid RAZR and just recently got the ICS update. My family member has the Droid BIONIC and he's not too happy at the fact that his update is still not available and his phones been out longer than mine. Does anyone know when the OFFICIAL update will be available?...not the rooted glitched version...not the leaked version...the official real version.

OP
Droid_Ritch

Droid_Ritch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Where exactly did you find the resources of your "smoother rooted version"?

jayman350

Reaction score
Thanks Mr. Nice Guy haha

early Q3 is actually the only "official" word that anyone has heard regarding the scheduled release of the Bionic update. Anything else is pure speculation. What did you expect? Moto/VZW have been pretty tight lipped about when these updates are coming out, your family member (like the rest of us), will get it when they get it.

dluke

Reaction score
Our "rooted glitched version" runs smoother that razrs "official" version. Our lapdock works now :-0.

haha.. thats what i was gonna say.. our leaked is better than your official

and you dont have to be rooted.. it sounds like you family member must just be on bone stock .905.. so just have him download 6.7.230 (ICS) HERE ... put it onto his external SD card.. boot the phone into recovery and install the update.. and then he will be enjoying a slick, smooth, stable build of ICS

OP
Droid_Ritch

Droid_Ritch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
That's cool I have nothing against rooting, hacking, or simply even installing a leaked software download. Its cool and fun I'm just not big on installing leaked and tweaked software onto my phone in which I'm not sure where and how its been tampered with in the process of being leaked..I just prefer the factory settings in which the phone and os were originally designed for...I really could care less how smooth your phone runs...simply to each their own...I had a feeling this would bring attention to those who like to tamper with their phones lol...I'm not trying to debate guys...simply stating my preference.

Last edited:

dluke

Reaction score
That's cool I have nothing against rooting and hacking. Its cool and fun I'm just not big on installing leaked and tweaked software onto my phone in which I'm not sure where and how its been tampered with in the process of being leaked..I just prefer the factory settings in which the phone and os were originally designed for.

its not like its a custom 3rd party built rom of some kind.. its not really 'leaked and tweaked software'.. its a motorola build straight from the motorola servers..
but if your family member would rather wait and wait and wait instead of installing the build that will in all likelihood become the OTA release anyways, then thats their choice/loss

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
I installed it and its epic, ran a quadrant test against my uncles MAXX and beat him out by 30 points. It felt good, the phone is fast and runs smooth so id download it :)

wseyller

Reaction score
Some believe that the latest leak "230" will be the one that will become the official OTA. That would just mean that everyone that already has it just gets it early. Also it is not an issue to get back to the current stock 905 os if you desire. The 230 build is by far the best of any build I've seen on the bionic so far.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
wseyller said:
Some believe that the latest leak "230" will be the one that will become the official OTA. That would just mean that everyone that already has it just gets it early. Also it is not an issue to get back to the current stock 905 os if you desire. The 230 build is by far the best of any build I've seen on the bionic so far.

Yeah, unlike yours also, ours will flash back, and (this is major) we can replace our batteries with zero tools. LOL

jayman350

Reaction score
Yeah, unlike yours also, ours will flash back, and (this is major) we can replace our batteries with zero tools. LOL

one of the single biggest reasons that I love my Bionic, i really don't think i could deal with a permanent battery in my phone.