1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Bionic 9.905 Update

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by iTz_I3urn, Jun 11, 2012.

1. iTz_I3urn

iTz_I3urn New Member

Hello, I really want to install the new update for my bionic. But i try to and once i do a manual update it starts verifying the updated then says "aborted". Can someone post a link thats has the full zip package please. Thanks
  2. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

The file that's floating around is the only one out there, it's the exact same .zip file that the OTA consists of. Is your phone running BONE STOCK 5.9.902? It's alright if you're rooted, but if you've removed any bloatware, themed, or otherwise modded the OS the OTA will not install.

If you are stock, it's possible that the file got corrupted during download, in that case try downloading it again.
  3. iTz_I3urn

iTz_I3urn New Member

I have modded the boot screen logo. So if i restore my phone with a back up i made from the standard stock (un tampered) can i flash it and possibly get it that way?
  4. iTz_I3urn

iTz_I3urn New Member

No its not the bone stock can u help me get back to normal stock but still have root?
  5. DunDun

DunDun New Member

Don't worry Motofail will root that device if you loose root.

Sent from my awesome, "rooted", artificially intelligent device using Tapatalk 2
  6. dmagalhaes

dmagalhaes New Member

downloaded the update, but I am rooted and have some apps frozen
    Update failed, do I have to un freeze the apps to update?
    will this work if I am rooted?
    Thanks in advance
  7. Underwater Mike

Underwater Mike New Member

No offense intended, but if you can't get back to stock on your own with all the guides floating around, you probably should not be flashing leaked updates.
  8. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

I'm not rooted, but I believe you can install while rooted. You will have to unfreeze the apps though, and get as close to stock as possible.

If you lose root, you can get it back.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  9. Mamba94

Mamba94 New Member

That should work, as long as nothing has been modified.
  10. Bionic_Kasso

Bionic_Kasso New Member

I recently updated my bionic to. 905 a couple days ago...and my 4G seems to drop ALOT now.
    When I go on the browser or open an app that requires data (like Facebook) 4G symbol goes white and then disappears.
    Its super annoying, seeing that I'm in a 4G coverage area.
    Could this be a Verizon bug or are others experiencing the same?
  11. sargentmajord

sargentmajord New Member

Freezing does not cause install failure this is a common misconception I install updates with frozen bloat I have created a thread on the proper steps to install updates in the bionic general discussions forum the edited boot animation is the cause of the failure
  12. jayman350

jayman350 New Member

oh if only everyone would follow this advice. if you are having problems with flashing something, but don't understand how/why you are supposed to do it, chances are you should do one of two things 1.) Do more research until you completely understand what you are about to do or 2.) leave your phone as-is and don't screw with it.

this is a great community who is willing to help those in need...as long as YOU are willing to put in at least as much work to figure out what you did wrong. Don't expect people to give you a special write up b/c you can't be bothered to read through the tutorials that are already available.
  13. matjmonk

matjmonk New Member

Here's something that I read somewhere (maybe here, maybe eclipserom.com) that I tried and it helped my data drop situation:

1. Power down phone
    2. Remove back cover, remove battery, remove SD card and remove SIM card (plastic card below SD card)
    3. Replace battery and leave the other two items removed
    4. Power up phone and let it fully boot, it will eventually tell you that you have no data and can only make emergency calls.
    5. Power down phone
    6. Remove battery, replace SIM card, replace SD card, replace battery and replace back cover
    7. Power phone on and allow it to boot up fully after it has done that it should re-register itself to the network

I did this early Sunday morning and I have not seen a data drop since then. This doesn't work for everyone, but it's fairly quick and easy and might just help.

Cheers
  14. aaf709

You shouldn't have to remove the SD Card; the SIM card can be removed without taking the SD card out and isn't necessary in the proceedure.

One thing to add; be sure to put the sim card back in correctly or you could fry the card. I did that one time and put the card in backwards. When I powered up and got the "No SIM Card" message I realized my mistake, powered down and put it in correctly. It worked, but I only got 3G, even in places where I have strong 4G. I went to a Verizon store, told them what I did and they replaced the sim card at no charge.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  15. luvmybionic

luvmybionic New Member

need some help

I just found out yesterday about all these updates after calling Verizon cuz my 4g kept dropping. The v guy tells me they will send it to my phone sometime but don't know when to just keep trying. After looking at these post I see that some ppl in Indiana already have it so am I not getting it because something is wrong with my phone or do I need ti do anything else. I know my phone is rooted and im running the 902 by don't know my more. Sorry im a little tech dumb when it comes to these things.
  16. aaf709

Good to know. Is this for both OTA and manual install?

The OTA updates are going to soak testers first and then out to the rest of us after the survey has been completed (by the testers). AFAIK, all that's happened so far is that the testers have gotten the update and the survey. Hopefully we'll be seeing it within the next few days.

When you check for updates, you are sending a signal to the carrier. The carrier checks your version and IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number and if you're scheduled to receive it, you'll see a message saying so. This means that if you're scheduled to get an update on June 19th at 3:47am, your phone will say that it's "Up to date" even though others have been getting the update since June 14th (not an official date, just an example).

The file is available at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...e-pulled-cheesecake-server-your-pleasure.html so if you want to, you can install it manually.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  17. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

I was rooted when I first found .905 on Cheesecake and accepted the OTA. It worked fine, but I did have to re-Motofail as it did change the permissions of the su binary back to stock, so typing "su" would give me "permission denied". Please note, Motofail WILL throw an error, but it will only be a "file already exists" error when it goes to push "Superuser.apk" - since it is already there.
  18. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

I think the misconception is that some people do not simply freeze the bloat once rooted, they remove it. Removing the actual APKs WILL cause an install failue, because the OTA patch will not find what it's looking for. Freezing, on the other hand, doesn't remove the APK, so the patch is able to function. It simply makes it so the app cannot be run. I am not sure exactly how it accomplishes this, but I suspect it simply changes the permissions on the app so that it has no "excecute" permissions. At first, I thought it simply renamed the extension from .apk to .bak; but that would mess with OTA updates it would seem.
  19. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

I want to point out that soak tests are comprised of a mixture of soak testers, and a number of randomly chosen devices from the "general population" aka non-soak test members. So if you see people saying "i'm not a soak tester, but I got the OTA" this is perfectly normal. I believe it has something to do with establishing a control group. The main difference is that soak testers have a private forum to report issues, any issues with "general public" members of the soak would go through Verizon, just like any other issue. They then look at the results from the survey, as well as checking to make sure Verizon hasn't suddenly had scores of people on .905 coming in with issues. If all is well, the OTA pushes.
  20. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

Not sure how that would fry the card. If you place it in the wrong way, it wouldn't be making electrical contact at all. Maybe it was a fluke, or the contacts got physically damaged.
Search tags for this page
bionic will not update
bionic wont update
bionic wont update because of root
droid bionic downloads update but will not install

droid bionic will not update

droid bionic wont update

how do i update my rooted droid bionic

how to update my droid bionic

my droid bionic wont update

rooted bionic wont update

rooted droid bionic wont update