Droid Bionic 9.905 Update

I

iTz_I3urn

Hello, I really want to install the new update for my bionic. But i try to and once i do a manual update it starts verifying the updated then says "aborted". Can someone post a link thats has the full zip package please. Thanks

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The file that's floating around is the only one out there, it's the exact same .zip file that the OTA consists of. Is your phone running BONE STOCK 5.9.902? It's alright if you're rooted, but if you've removed any bloatware, themed, or otherwise modded the OS the OTA will not install.

If you are stock, it's possible that the file got corrupted during download, in that case try downloading it again.

OP
I

iTz_I3urn

I have modded the boot screen logo. So if i restore my phone with a back up i made from the standard stock (un tampered) can i flash it and possibly get it that way?

OP
I

iTz_I3urn

Dave12308 said:
The file that's floating around is the only one out there, it's the exact same .zip file that the OTA consists of. Is your phone running BONE STOCK 5.9.902? It's alright if you're rooted, but if you've removed any bloatware, themed, or otherwise modded the OS the OTA will not install.

If you are stock, it's possible that the file got corrupted during download, in that case try downloading it again.

No its not the bone stock can u help me get back to normal stock but still have root?

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
Don't worry Motofail will root that device if you loose root.

Sent from my awesome, "rooted", artificially intelligent device using Tapatalk 2

dmagalhaes

Reaction score
downloaded the update, but I am rooted and have some apps frozen
Update failed, do I have to un freeze the apps to update?
will this work if I am rooted?
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
No its not the bone stock can u help me get back to normal stock but still have root?

No offense intended, but if you can't get back to stock on your own with all the guides floating around, you probably should not be flashing leaked updates.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
downloaded the update, but I am rooted and have some apps frozen
Update failed, do I have to un freeze the apps to update?
will this work if I am rooted?
Thanks in advance

I'm not rooted, but I believe you can install while rooted. You will have to unfreeze the apps though, and get as close to stock as possible.

If you lose root, you can get it back.

Last edited:

Mamba94

Reaction score
I have modded the boot screen logo. So if i restore my phone with a back up i made from the standard stock (un tampered) can i flash it and possibly get it that way?

That should work, as long as nothing has been modified.

Bionic_Kasso

Reaction score
I recently updated my bionic to. 905 a couple days ago...and my 4G seems to drop ALOT now.
When I go on the browser or open an app that requires data (like Facebook) 4G symbol goes white and then disappears.
Its super annoying, seeing that I'm in a 4G coverage area.
Could this be a Verizon bug or are others experiencing the same?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
aaf709 said:
I'm not rooted, but I believe you can install while rooted. You will have to unfreeze the apps though, and get as close to stock as possible.

If you lose root, you can get it back.

Freezing does not cause install failure this is a common misconception I install updates with frozen bloat I have created a thread on the proper steps to install updates in the bionic general discussions forum the edited boot animation is the cause of the failure

jayman350

Reaction score
No offense intended, but if you can't get back to stock on your own with all the guides floating around, you probably should not be flashing leaked updates.

oh if only everyone would follow this advice. if you are having problems with flashing something, but don't understand how/why you are supposed to do it, chances are you should do one of two things 1.) Do more research until you completely understand what you are about to do or 2.) leave your phone as-is and don't screw with it.

this is a great community who is willing to help those in need...as long as YOU are willing to put in at least as much work to figure out what you did wrong. Don't expect people to give you a special write up b/c you can't be bothered to read through the tutorials that are already available.

matjmonk

Reaction score
I recently updated my bionic to. 905 a couple days ago...and my 4G seems to drop ALOT now.
When I go on the browser or open an app that requires data (like Facebook) 4G symbol goes white and then disappears.
Its super annoying, seeing that I'm in a 4G coverage area.
Could this be a Verizon bug or are others experiencing the same?

Here's something that I read somewhere (maybe here, maybe eclipserom.com) that I tried and it helped my data drop situation:

1. Power down phone
2. Remove back cover, remove battery, remove SD card and remove SIM card (plastic card below SD card)
3. Replace battery and leave the other two items removed
4. Power up phone and let it fully boot, it will eventually tell you that you have no data and can only make emergency calls.
5. Power down phone
6. Remove battery, replace SIM card, replace SD card, replace battery and replace back cover
7. Power phone on and allow it to boot up fully after it has done that it should re-register itself to the network

I did this early Sunday morning and I have not seen a data drop since then. This doesn't work for everyone, but it's fairly quick and easy and might just help.

Cheers

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't have to remove the SD Card; the SIM card can be removed without taking the SD card out and isn't necessary in the proceedure.

One thing to add; be sure to put the sim card back in correctly or you could fry the card. I did that one time and put the card in backwards. When I powered up and got the "No SIM Card" message I realized my mistake, powered down and put it in correctly. It worked, but I only got 3G, even in places where I have strong 4G. I went to a Verizon store, told them what I did and they replaced the sim card at no charge.

Last edited:

luvmybionic

Reaction score
need some help

I just found out yesterday about all these updates after calling Verizon cuz my 4g kept dropping. The v guy tells me they will send it to my phone sometime but don't know when to just keep trying. After looking at these post I see that some ppl in Indiana already have it so am I not getting it because something is wrong with my phone or do I need ti do anything else. I know my phone is rooted and im running the 902 by don't know my more. Sorry im a little tech dumb when it comes to these things.