Error on .893 update from .886

dpiffy

Reaction score
When trying to install update to 5.893 (rather through stock recovery or CWR), it starts the setup, stops and I get the following error:

In stock recovery, I get this error:
assert failed: apply_patch_check ("MTD:boot:8388608:a3dc blah blah blah tons of letters and numbers)")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Instalation aborted.

In Bionic Recovery (CWR) I get this error trying to install the very same update on the zip(btw the zip I downloaded off of MyDroidWorld (Droid Bionic Found Update Files --- Read Before You Flash 886 - 893):

Installing update...
asser failed: getprop)"ro.product.device") == "cdma_targa" || getprop)"ro.build.product") == "cdma)targa"
E:Error in /sdcard/Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.US (2).zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

The history of what I have done on the bionic MAY have something to do with this? I was originally on stock a few days ago, got rooted (didn't do forever root though), ran cheesecake, got update to .893. At one point it said there was another .893 update available, I'm assuming it was either the 6.893 or the 7.893 as I didn't pay that close enough to what it was, it installed okay. I then realized I lost root. I ran that R3's flash back and forever root, but everything didn't seem right, so I ran the files I found on here: (How to get your phone back on the upgrade path...) to get where I am not. Made sure I am forever rooted, I am... Have cheesecake, I attempt to run updates and follow the directions as posted to get them, I keep getting hit with some setup connection failed after hitting "setup" for moto. So that is what led me to try downloading the actual zip files mentioned above and is where I keep getting the errors, once again, mentioned above. I mentioned stock recovery and CWR as they produced slightly different errors when I attempted to update, so not sure if both can help in what is causing my issues? I have searched these forums and have found similar issues but the errors presented aren't close to mine.. I have troubleshooted a few tips suggested in other posts but to no help, still here. What should I do?

Also, I noticed in the zip, at the end of the file name the (2) as if it was a duplicate copy, but I have no other copies I downloaded. I even took off the (2) just to giggles and tried that, nothing, doens't work either. Please help. Thanks.

OP
D

dpiffy

Reaction score
Nevermind.. found problem on my own after days of searching. Would had been nice to save some time, oh well. You can close this or even delete it I suppose.

muffins7497

Reaction score
i am having the same problem. glad you found the fix, but can you
share it with the rest of us? how you fix it?
thanks