droid apps?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by spageddy, Sep 7, 2011.

1. spageddy

spageddy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so, im new to this phone and hate that ive developed habits and preferences from the iphone the old office hung on me... grrr..

i got a derizon LG Revolution and have been wondering if i should have resisted the internal + sd storage size for a more established phone... battery life blows...

I'm looking for a better app to write notes in, google doc's is clumsy, and the calendar i used on the iphone to google cal was good but not so much on the droid, anybody like a notepad app for the droid?

Any suggestions on replacing the music player / picture viewer? preferences? I like Winamp on the pc but havent tried it yet on the droid much seemed like winamp needed the default player removed first?

Thanks

-Spageddy

2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    As far as apps go I use "Classic Notes + App Box" by fluffydelusions to take notes/make lists etc. Very easy to use and I love the interface on it. Not sure if it would be good for extensive notes but great for short ones.
    Cant comment on a good music app since I really dont use any but for pictures try out "QuicPic" its my personal favorite and again very easy to use.

Hope you like them as much as I do!

3. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

Ratings:
    +22
    welcome to the forum

4. topgungoose

topgungoose Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use evernote. Really good app and u can install it on ur PC also.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

5. spageddy

spageddy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks all, i'll give those a go and try to offer a report.

I did finally look into WINAMP since i've used it on my pc's for almost a decade... missed that on the iponey.. anyway it's pretty good, the original, default music player on teh Revolution pretty much blows, all the muisic sounds like playing a boombox in a culvert when i plug it to the audio in headphone jack in my car but Winamp sounds more like im expecting! Oh, and it uses the playlists i created with the default music app, have to see how they respond when i rty removing it..

- spageddy dancedroid

6. spageddy

spageddy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, Winamp shoutcast also has a great connection to soma fm, a Wonderful radio station from San Francisco in South Of MArket; DesiBeats, UK Underground 80's .... as well as a couple great online classical stations from Portland, OR and Boston, MA; check out WGBH and KQAC and donate to keep the music playing.

-spageddy