Music apps with on-the-fly editable playlists?

tankexmortis

Reaction score
One of the things that's bugged me the most about the various Apple music player devices, and subsequently the iPhone, is the inability to have a playlist of the current songs which you can change as you listen to your music; as in Winamp and other PC media playing software. The default music app doesn't seem to have this feature either, so I'm wondering if there's a (preferably free) app out there that does? Last.fm compatibility would be a big plus too.

Thanks!

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
One of the things that's bugged me the most about the various Apple music player devices, and subsequently the iPhone, is the inability to have a playlist of the current songs which you can change as you listen to your music; as in Winamp and other PC media playing software. The default music app doesn't seem to have this feature either, so I'm wondering if there's a (preferably free) app out there that does? Last.fm compatibility would be a big plus too.

Thanks!

Its not a free app but grooveshark lets you create your own playlists and edit them on the go, well worth the 3 bucks a month in my mind, me and my fiance use our account all the time. if you dont like it just cancel your account. you can try the online version its free and you can see what it would/can be like and i do believe that there is last.fm compatibility with it also.

Lefaid

Reaction score
Actually I think the Default player does let you make and edit playlist on the fly if I understand you correctly. To add songs to a playlist just find the song you want and do a long press on it. A list will come up and press "add to playlist." Then select "current playlist" and it will be on. You can also edit the order in the main screen that shows the album artwork and stuff. Just press the left most button next to the shuffle button and you can drag the songs on the playlist in what ever order you want.

OP
T

tankexmortis

Reaction score
Thanks folks! I thought it was possible I was missing something with the default app, and I'll check those other players out too.