Droid App Spam??

Reaction score
Hey guys, not sure if anyone has posted about this or not...but I can't find anything regarding it. I got an update on my DX about a month or 2 ago...my gf got one on her Samsung Galaxy Prevail (I think)...and we have both been getting this app spam. It shows up in our notification bars with a little star. If you click it to open it, it opens in the browser asking you if you want to download this or that app etc...Anyone know what this is? Neither of us downloaded anything...no apps that we haven't already had.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
What site does it take you to? Is it the same site or different ones?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I assume you all are on Verizon? I would uninstall apps one by one until it stops. Its probably an app that got automatically updated and added ads as pop ups.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
It's an app. Search the forum for I believe air ads. You can also search for plus sign in notification bar.

There is an app you can download that will tell you which app is doing it. I can't remember the name.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
SmokinHawtVegasChic
Reaction score
ok thanks...that plus sign is what I was getting...she is getting a star. I'll look for all of that...thanks again.

PS...I'm on Verizon...she is on Boost.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK then ya its an app that's being annoying. Haven't heard of an app to detect the problem though.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
OK then ya its an app that's being annoying. Haven't heard of an app to detect the problem though.

Yup. I can't remember the name, but if the OP uses those search terms he should find topics with the name.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
This sounds like airpush ads.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.brosmike.airpushdetector <-- detects the apps that have them, and you can uninstall the app the only 100% way to get rid of the notifications (that I know of).

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.airpush.optoutapp <-- opts you out of the notifications, but apparently it doesn't work too often if at all.

Thank you!

Hopefully I'll at least remember the app name.

OP
SmokinHawtVegasChic
Reaction score
Lol...forgot I posted this...hadn't got any spam in almost a month...started getting them again the other day...the website is m.wrappio.com