Droid A855 red light(not notification)/screen problems

scubastevie00

Reaction score
So today as I was outside, I turned the screen on to do something and the screen started to go haywire. Blinking and whatnot. It was 100 degrees outside. I turned the phone off and when I turned it back on after I took it inside the backlight no longer worked but the phone did. Shortly after this the phone started to heat up and basically stopped working and I got a red light that will blink and or stay solid about 4 mm from the actual notification light. I'm assuming the heat damaged the phone. Can anyone help me. The light is on the right side of the screen at the top corner. Again not the txt notification. I can still swipe where the unlock should be and I feel the haptic feedback.

On another note the phone gets blazingly hot now when the battery is in. It will be going to VZ tomorrow, but I was hoping to avoid that. Thx.

mvin10

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. All of a sudden today the light starts blinking red and the screen is unresponsive. What do I do?

orangespot

Reaction score
This is exactly what is happening on my droid 1

red light, blank screen, hot battery.
haptic feedback and sounds indicate it is still alive, just not wanting to behave.