Droid 4 will no longer download apps from Play Store and others

Scottayyy

Reaction score
I have a Droid 4 running the latest Jelly Bean update. I am not rooted and I did do a factory reset after the update. Today, all of a sudden, I tried to download an app over data from the Play Store and it said "downloading" but it never downloaded the app. Also, I opened up Gmail and, when I tried to download an attachment, it wouldn't download either. Gmail would also not send or receive emails. Nothing seems to be wrong with my Google account. I have restarting the phone multiple times. I even cleared the cache and data and uninstalled updates for both of the apps and nothing is working. This is all over LTE, so I tried taking the SIM card out but that didn't work either. Any help?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Are you sure "Data" is on? Look at the signal bars. Are they White or Blue? Check your settings, Data Usage, and make sure "Mobile data" is set to "ON". Try downloading LTE OnOff - HTE Thunderbolt", run it and follow the instructions to turn LTE off. Then reverse the process and see if data is back on.

OP
S

Scottayyy

Reaction score
Yes data is on. Earlier the signal bars were white but they turned blue about an hour ago and that didn't help. I have tried doing it over 3g, which didn't work either.