Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no.

• don't know/ don't care

• Total voters

ryex

Reaction score
It seems as if there will be another soak test for the droid 4.
that said, anyone else get the email from Motorola?
Also if anyone from moto is reading this, thanks for not abandoning us few d4 owners!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It's probably more bloat, and some bug fixes.. But good to see the device get an update.

MAXXED OUT!!!!!

concepttheman

Reaction score
maybe it will locker the bootloader even more. maybe they are watching the forums and see we might be getting close...lol
but i got the email and signed up, but im gonna catch it with ota update catcher or whatever u call it.

mahael1

Reaction score
I got the email, and I'm trying to unroot my phone, I'm back on the factory 6.16.217.XT894, however, I deleted the default loading system by mistake (I'd call it the BIOS if I was on a PC) and all that's left is the one provided by Bootstrap. I don't know where to locate an orginal copy of the Verizon version.

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
I'm keeping my stock system intact via safestrap. I'll have to see if I can download the update with an untouched stock system, y'know, aside from being rooted and such... :p

kwyrt

Reaction score
I'm keeping my stock system intact via safestrap. I'll have to see if I can download the update with an untouched stock system, y'know, aside from being rooted and such... :p

If it's anything like the past OTAs you won't be able to install the update with safestrap installed. OTAs don't like safestrap. Pretty sure you'll have to fastboot to be able to install.

Droid 4 - CM11

ikari

Reaction score
Yeah, I received it, got excited...
but then thought about the pain of SBF and losing all my stuff and the ROM... and truthfully clicked I don't want to unroot (and remove safestrap).

What hurts me is that when the OTA is out, I will have to do it anyway. Is it even worth it? :x
Also, I want a quad-core 2G-RAM Droid 5 ... :<

kwyrt

Reaction score
Yeah, I received it, got excited...
but then thought about the pain of SBF and losing all my stuff and the ROM... and truthfully clicked I don't want to unroot (and remove safestrap).

What hurts me is that when the OTA is out, I will have to do it anyway. Is it even worth it? :x
Also, I want a quad-core 2G-RAM Droid 5 ... :<

I'm right there with you. I can't see going through the pain of fastbooting to be able to take the update, then having to re-root (if the OTA doesn't break it), reinstall safestrap, restore my ROM. And CM11 is running far too well for me. I can't see myself ever going back to stock. I'm afraid D5 is a pipe dream, although I would love to be wrong.

Droid 4 - CM11

WickedWayz

Reaction score
I dont see why anyone would take it back to stock with so many custom ROMS. D5 would be awesome right about now......I dont know what holding them back yet from releasing it. Time will tell..........

kariyatd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
I never got an email about it but I did just get a popup on my phone asking if I wanted to install it.

Anyone actually installed it yet? I'm afraid to. With the last update, the physical keyboard had issues. It'd be nice if it helped speed up the phone though. I've been having some serious drag issues lately.

Edit: I became the guinea pig and installed it since my friend who I like to make the guinea pig didn't seem to receive the update yet. It took about 10 minutes. Haven't noticed any difference so far.