Droid 3 email stopped working

src1425

Reaction score
I've been using K9 to connect to my IMAP email account and everything was working fine for the past month. Woke up yesterday and noticed it was no longer downloading new email and would just time out trying to connect. Tried removing and reinstalling the account - no luck, can't connect with the usual settings. Also tried creating the account with the default Android email and MailDroid and they also won't work. My provider swears that everything is working on their end and that I'm using the right settings.

Anyone experiencing something similar or have any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks in advance!

Shimmy549

Reaction score
This may be a pain in the ass and it won't necessarily solve your problem, but have you tried creating an email account through another provider (Yahoo!, Google, etc.)? Try creating an account just to check and see if that account syncs properly.

If it does, then the problem probably does lie with the other account's service provider. If it doesn't, it could be a (hopefully) software issue that we can figure out.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
S

src1425

Reaction score
This may be a pain in the ass and it won't necessarily solve your problem, but have you tried creating an email account through another provider (Yahoo!, Google, etc.)? Try creating an account just to check and see if that account syncs properly.

Well, I can access my corporate email through Touchdown and Gmail works fine, but I haven't tried accessing any other accounts through K9. Might be worth a try!