DROID 3 by Motorola: Making Your Phone a Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Learn how to make your Droid 3 phone a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot.

[video=youtube;XcKRGN07bgc]http://youtu.be/XcKRGN07bgc]YouTube - ‪DROID 3 by Motorola: Making Your Phone a Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot‬‏[/video]

adjacks86

Reaction score
I'm going to be getting a Droid 3 soon...I'm wondering, is the mobile wi-fi hotspot free or do you have to pay extra to do it???

kurtdogg50

Reaction score
You have to pay for it thru vzw. It is a monthly fee without root.

adjacks86

Reaction score
Ok...thanks for that info. I'm on budget right now so I won't be using that then.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

kurtdogg50

Reaction score
You could use the pdanet app and use 3g to power your computer's internet connection via usb

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

adjacks86

Reaction score
I forgot all about that. I used that b4 I rooted my OG Droid. Although I'll miss the wireless tethering hopefully it's worth upgrading to the D3.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

scott240

Reaction score
well i rooted my droid 3 and could not get my wifi tether to work at all. After doing some research i came across this [GUIDE]TBH inspired Free wireless tethering hack instructions for Droid 3 - xda-developers it allows you to turn your droid 3 into a mobile hotspot. I am a oneclick app and root installer kind of guy so I was real scared to try this but I just followed the directions step by step and I got it to work. At the end there it says it wont reconize your memory card for a minute well its actually about 5 min so dont worry, just wait and it will go back to normal. If I can do this then anyone can

ALDO101T

Reaction score
we installed DARK DROID, then STEEL DROID, COULD NOT CONNECT, WELL IT CONNECTS TO HOTSPOT BUT HAS LIMITED ACCESS WITH NO INTERNET,is this a rom problem or a problem with computer, although a incredible 2 with cm7 connects with no problem????