Droid 3/Android 2.3.4 Shows all of Senders recipients names when receiving MMS

golferklr

Reaction score
I just received a new refurbished Motorola Droid 3 with Android Version 2.3.4 When I receive MMS messages the person who sends them to me if they send that message to multiple people when it goes to my inbox it show all the names of the people whom they are sending the messages to. It also does it if i send a MMS to multiple people. So, say i send a message to 3 different people it shows the message in m inbox under one listing with all 3 names. My old Motorola Global 2 use to show the message under 4 different listing. So I send a message to person A,B & C in the inbox listing it use to show the messages as a message under A, message under B, message under C & also a listing of the message under A,B,C. My new Droid 3 doesn' do that. is there any setting to change that on the phone? it is such a pain when trying to save messages. it sure would be nice if sending/receiving a message it would show each message under each individual person instead of a group.

Shimmy549

Reaction score
Mine does that, too. I figured it was just how the phone handled multiple-recipient messages.

I'll poke around.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Shimmy549

Reaction score
OK, did you try unchecking "Thread Group Conversation" in the Messaging settings? Mine is checked.

OP
G

golferklr

Reaction score
I just tried that Unchecking the "Thread group Conversations" mine was checked also. I tried sending a text message to multiple people and it worked. In my Text message inbox there was indivual listing for each person that the message was sent to. I haven't received any yet to see if does the same or not. I had a Motorola Global 2 and had a update to the operating system with the same Android 2.3.4 and never had this problem. I even had a technician from Verizon use the same phone and he had sent a picture message to me and someone else and his message didn't show all the names of the people who he had sent the message to. I need to see if this works when receiving a MMS message.

Shimmy549

Reaction score
I unchecked it, as well, and tested it out with some of my friends. Didn't work. The message I received was in its own group, with all recipients listed. I sent it back out and that message became its own group, with the new combination of recipients listed.

You may need to look into downloading a messaging app to replace the native one. I'll poke around a little more, but it might be easier and quicker to just dl something else. Handcent comes to mind and it's free.