Droid 2G Without Google sync

spleuge

Reaction score
How can I use the D2G Calendar without syncing to Google? Also, how can I use the D2G Contacts feature without syncing to Verizon?:angry: I have stopped the Contacts sync to Google, but forced to use Verizon to sync instead.:mad: If I need to sync, I would prefer to use Outlook only, as with my previous Palm phones!

Ive searched the Market for an app and they're all the same, you have to sync with Google. I'm not fond of leaving Calendar and Contact info in the hands of Google and/or Verizon.

Someone please HELP!
Thanks

companionlink

Reaction score
How can I use the D2G Calendar without syncing to Google? Also, how can I use the D2G Contacts feature without syncing to Verizon?:angry: I have stopped the Contacts sync to Google, but forced to use Verizon to sync instead.:mad: If I need to sync, I would prefer to use Outlook only, as with my previous Palm phones!

Ive searched the Market for an app and they're all the same, you have to sync with Google. I'm not fond of leaving Calendar and Contact info in the hands of Google and/or Verizon.

Someone please HELP!
Thanks

There are a few ways you can do this, depending on what you want to sync and what you want to spend. Take a look at SyncDroid - they have one of the most comprehensive lists of sync options for Outlook to Android. Of course, not all of them circumvent Google, but some do.

Our own application, CompanionLink for Outlook (CLO) allows you to do direct USB or local WiFi sync, thus cutting Google from the picture, and works in conjunction with our free Android app, DejaOffice. CLO comes with a 14-day free trial, so if you do decide to give it a go, know that I'm here to help!

- David Z.