Fancy commercials and two year old tech. Meh

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I remember those commercials..now they don't do anything nearly as cool...they keep getting later and later with the release date...I wonder if the devices will be available the same day...I'm doubting it...so probably 2 weeks later they will be able to be purchased..

The 2 we're aware of are the maxx2, a moto pure (I think it is)..a mid level device

And the turbo 2, whatever they call it..the new flagship..the turbo has an 808 processor and 3900 Mah battery and a decent screen...

This device has the overheating 810 processor , and a smaller battery..and is supposed to hold the almost unbreakable plastic amoled screen??? With turbo charging...

And I'm sure they will come with the promise if a fast upgrade to marshmallow...like we'll fall for that again..

I always want the new droids...this year I'm kinda thinking of just getting a moto n6 and using that to mess with... Nothing is really exciting ..the turbo was last year.. And it turned out to be like a hurricane.. Lots of anticipation and horrible results.

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I was thrilled to get the dx. These droids don't do anything for me.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Do we really believe that any of the leaked specs (so far) are true? Aren't there always false rumors and false specs surrounding the new Droid, year after year? And then the final version is a little different than the rumored device? I guess we will find out later this month?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah..but I feel that they've been in the pipeline long enough.. They won't have anything really next gen..like the 820 processor or 4 gigs of ram...of they had that under the hood...I'd probably be stupid and jump..and wait a year for marshmallow...

As it is I still thing the n6M will be my next phone..just so I can stay somewhat up to date.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Or...will they be next gen...and revolutionary? Everything is speculation and rumor until the official launch. Seems to me that "tech rumors" become the official news story more and more and more and we all believe the rumors before seeing the real deal.

Reactions: cr6

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That's true..and we'll see...it'd be nice to see an 820 and 4 gigs of ram under the hood...and I hope they keep the 3900Mah battery.. And add in the screen..that'd be worth it..to me..