droid 2 ps3 jailbreak?

medtb64

Reaction score
sooooooo i been trying to mod my droid to into a ps3jailbreak heres what ive accomplished after 10 hrs of trying this, mind you i just found out i can mod my droid 2 10 hrs ago as well.... im pretty sure i got my phone "rooted" and thats about it.... ive tried everything read 15 million or more forums and still no luck. i even read every single thread in the "weekday" lessons. heres what i got to work tho, i downloaded and installed doroot and that rooted my phone that i know is a fact cause i got the superuser app and i can access the connect usb menu by using the power on, cam and + button on my phone. heres what i cant get to work any and every mod i tried to run is giving me a error 7 when unpacking, from what i read could it be my droid version? that being 2.2? in the lessons it said i had to revert to 2.1 and i tried that 600 times with rsdlite version 4.5, 4.7, and 4.9 4.5 was the only version that recognized i even had a phone plugged in, the second i upgraded rsdlite no longer recognizes my phone to even give a .ini file error. heres the important part and i dont know if this has anything to do with it Motorola Droid - PSFreedom Wiki, in order for psfreedom to work you need one of these roms ROM Status CyanogenMod 6.0 Yes BuglessBeast v.4 Yes Froyo Kangerade V4.0.7 Yes Lithium Mod 1.0.12 ive tried installing the top 2 through rom manager lite and neither one will install like i said i keep getting sd card error 7 i wish i could give you the eaxct error but my phone fficially died i kiled the battery and just wiped the cache and everything else tring to just install psfreedom but that locks solid on install. any ideas or help would be amazing, if the answer comes back as i cant jailbreak my ps3 with my droid 2, im pretty sure i read the htc incredible can be used i have one of them as well i just hate the incredible compared to the droid 2... thanks in advance

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
moved to appropriate forum area. Good luck!

OP
M

medtb64

Reaction score
moved to where, im new to the site i dont know how to check other than searching my posts?

gunz.jones

Reaction score
The d2 cannot use a kernel that is required to be used or a permanent recovery image which is the second method. You will need to use the incredible with appropiate files. I have a g1 that I am getting the files for right now. Search klutsh I believe, he has started modding the e3 core with psfreedom for downgrading and jailbreaking. There's some info on xda as well....

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
M

medtb64

Reaction score
The d2 cannot use a kernel that is required to be used or a permanent recovery image which is the second method. You will need to use the incredible with appropiate files. I have a g1 that I am getting the files for right now. Search klutsh I believe, he has started modding the e3 core with psfreedom for downgrading and jailbreaking. There's some info on xda as well....

im the primary line holder for 4 phones one being a D2 and the other being the htc incredible, the e3 core from klutsh is that for D2 or the htc?

gunz.jones

Reaction score
I have not looked at all the different phones. Www.Klutsh.com is the blog site....I just understand the issue as to why it doesn't work. It does modify the usb state to be read by a ps3 which may cause and issue with the computer if not undone.

OP
M

medtb64

Reaction score
yea i read that once you mod your phone to psfreedom you gotta revert the changes other wise no pc will ever pick up the usb again, but im wondering if Motorola Droid - 0.3.1 » 3.4 MiB - 22 hits - December 21, 2010 is the droid 1 or the droid 2? im not sure of the difference within the two phones, i would think it should still work unless theres something i dont know

OP
M

medtb64

Reaction score
i just found out 1st gen ipod touch and iphones can jailbreak a ps3, im scepticle about my D2 being able to do it everytime i tried to load psfreedom on my D2 it never loads and hangs up, im thinking imma use my girls ipod touch (providing its 1st gen) or getting my hands on a iphone that this chick wants me to jailbreak for her. starting to think that the D2 has some cons to it even though its a sick ass phone

gunz.jones

Reaction score
The method klutsh uses is an addon to the recovery mode. The bootloader is locked, so most likely with bootstrap, it could possibly create an environment to use the jailbreak and factory mode. He doesn't seem to have a super knowledge of the systems though and is just modifying code based on comparison st this time. A different dev would probably have to work at integrating the hack into the bootstrap recovery setup.