Droid 2 Issues

Mandyy

Reaction score
I was having issues with my Droid 2, the OS kept crashing daily. So I took it into Verizon and they sent me a pre-owned replacement. I've had it 2 days and am already having problems:

the touch screen is wonky. I won't touch anywhere near the notification bar, but it pulls down anyway. Or it won't switch home screens when I flick it, I'll flick it 4-5 times then it goes the opposite direction. Sometimes it completely skips a homescreen when the one it skips is the one I want. Or when I flick it to scroll through a webpage or through all of my apps, it doesn't scroll.

My other issue is: the camera doesn't focus. At all. My old one you could hear the camera start up and it would clearly focus when you take the picture. This one does not. And I use the camera quite a bit.

I don't want to be 'that guy' that's always bringing in their phone, but is this reason enough to take it back to Verizon?

Reaction score
Yes, bring it in to verizon, its supposed to be a certified like new replacement. The problems you're having shouldn't be happening. Ask for another replacement after you describe/show them the issues.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, bring it in to verizon, its supposed to be a certified like new replacement. The problems you're having shouldn't be happening. Ask for another replacement after you describe/show them the issues.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

In my experiences they are definitely certified.

Certified POS's that is....I have gone through 9 D2's. I finally rooted and flashed the most recent one when I started having issues and haven't had an issue since.

OP
M

Mandyy

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I actually ended up just ridding myself of it for the incredible 2. (Wanted the original incredible but they don't offer it anymore. Crycry)