Touch screen responce issues

xmguy

Reaction score
My fru droid 2's screen seems to lag or when I try to flick it will go a small bit and stop. It also seems to click on things or move in the oppisite way I've moved. I.e if using the home screen and I swipe right it might go left or not move at all. Given these are flicking not touch and drag. I've also had issues where the top status bar will pull down when I'm in the middle of the page and have not even clicked on it. Is this normal? I've had a droid one prior to today and never noticed it.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid 2

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Wont let me edit. Also when using any on screen sliders that go left and right they seem offset. Like when using the setcpu app or any other app. Pressing the slider right under my finger it moves to the left about 1/4 inch. This can't be normal.

Reaction score
I have noticed that the touch screen on the Droid x and Droid 2 sucks, when compared to my second gen ipod touch. I believe it to be a software issue. As for setcpu, my slider also moves 1/4 inch to the right or left when I press it. I assume this is normal because it has preset cpu clocks at 300, 600, 800, and 1000

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

gunz.jones

Reaction score
There are touch sensitivity setting. Try adjusting them. I don't have problrms unless one of the games I try causes issues with my resolution setup.

Reaction score
Ive looked through the settings on my phone, I haven't found any touch sensitivity settings anywhere. Where would they be? Because I'd like to adjust mine.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
It's part of the proximity settings. If you're rooted, they are in root tools and in d2 oc...

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
where are proximity settings? and where are root tools?

I have root tools. It's JRummy16's app. It's not free. It's in the market. $.99. I see no app for this. There how ever is a setting for the proximity settings in the programming menu they don't adjust the screen response.

root tools = is an app that allows you do do various advanced things to your phone like block ads, etc.

proximity settings = is the sensor that controls if the phone turns off when on a call and when or if.

shoppingbagdrizzy

Reaction score
My fru droid 2's screen seems to lag or when I try to flick it will go a small bit and stop. It also seems to click on things or move in the oppisite way I've moved. I.e if using the home screen and I swipe right it might go left or not move at all. Given these are flicking not touch and drag. I've also had issues where the top status bar will pull down when I'm in the middle of the page and have not even clicked on it. Is this normal? I've had a droid one prior to today and never noticed it.

Wow, mine is doing the EXACT same thing. Random status bar drops and all. :icon_evil:

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score

Wow, mine is doing the EXACT same thing. Random status bar drops and all. :icon_evil:

Mine has dust UNDER the screen from the FRU'ing I guess. Yours might too. Never the less I'm getting another replacement Tuesday.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
I apologize....proximity is actually for the phone to come on when pulled from your face during a call...not the ring, that's a different delay....there is in the build.prop a pixel setting for what sets the screen off for motiong and such....larger pixel field means more contact needed, smaller means less....back up before editing the build.prop

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there was some simple and preferrably official way to calibrate the touch screen. The way the touch screen is calibrated right now sucks when compared an an iOS device.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there was some simple and preferrably official way to calibrate the touch screen. The way the touch screen is calibrated right now sucks when compared an an iOS device.

I just want my Droid 2 calibrated like a Droid 1.