Droid 2 Global System Dump

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have any one found out where the profiles are...the one that allow you to change the scenes.

pandabear

Reaction score
if you hit the menu button while on a homescreen the profiles button should be on the top row of the popup menu

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We are trying to get that on the droid 2 so we need to know hat apks are needed from the system dump.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
tried installing the blurhome.apk, i get a failed install every time.

droidman101

Reaction score
tried installing the blurhome.apk, i get a failed install every time.

you need to install it to /system/app (on top of the original blurhome.apk)
make an update.zip of the blurhome.apk and try to install it(make a backup first though)
or if you dont want to do that, do a backup, put blurhome.apk on /sdcard/blurhome.apk and through a terminal:
su
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/blurhome.apk /system/app/blurhome.apk (make sure you get the capitals right)
reboot

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
trying it now lets see if it works

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
caused a bootloop.... now to restore my backup.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Have any one found out where the profiles are...the one that allow you to change the scenes.

I have the complete Global ROM running on a D2 :)

Need to test more and then will post it.

JDAWG5779

Reaction score
Hi and thank you for the system dump. I was wondering how to what to do with the file after i extract it from the rar file? I would like to choose which apk's to put back on, esp the 3g hotspot apk for the d2g.

leobg

Reaction score
Hi and thank you for the system dump. I was wondering how to what to do with the file after i extract it from the rar file? I would like to choose which apk's to put back on, esp the 3g hotspot apk for the d2g.

3G hotspot is called "mynet.apk". Don't forget to put the odex file too. Ensure permissions are set right too (0x644 or rw-r--r--)

JDAWG5779

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. But once I dl the zip the only thing in it is an unknown file. How do I extract it on my pc?. I've been reading for hours now and no clear answer. I appreciate the help.

leobg

Reaction score
This is actually a tar archive. To get around, use WinRAR. Open the file with WinRAR - it will show you one file with no extension or anything (the tar). Click "view" on WinRAR button bar. It will open another window and will show you the file content (files and folders).