Droid 2 Global GPS

joshwestbrook

Reaction score
Hello,

On my Wife's D2G when trying to use the GPS, it never seems to connect to a satellite or triangulate. I have tried everything I can think of and been searching for a solution for the better part of today. I checked on my DX to confirm it wasn't just a my location, etc... no problems on the DX.

I tried re-calibration using GPS Test, tried dumping all cache for Maps and any other utility that uses or may have cached GPS in the past. I tried to "Clear AGPS" and "Update AGPS" but that didn't seem to solve my issue either. Tried restarting, pulling the battery, etc. It used to be rooted, but I recently SBF'd back to Froyo and then took the OTA update to 2.3.3 GB.

The phone:
System Version: 4.5.608.A956.Verizon.en.US
Model: DROID2 GLOBAL
Android Version: 2.3.3
Baseband: N_01.80.00R -- Is there a new one available?
Kernel: 2.6.32.9-gb092e69.. blah blah
Build: 4.5.1_57_D2G-38
ERI: 5
PRL: 52644

Any ideas? I just re-rooted it using D3 Easy Root, Zip aligned all APK's, killed some bloatware. Since I'm rooted, I could probably make some changes to the build.prop, etc if needed. I just need to know where to look :happy3:

Thanks for the help!

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
This probably means your phone's GPS receiver is simply dead. I can't really think of some other reason for this. My D2G always locks to GPS in 1-2 seconds max when outside (up to 10 minutes if no internet connection is present).

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
edit: ok reread your post
maybe SBF again and wipe your data/cache before and after
maybe will work

Last edited:
OP
J

joshwestbrook

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try SBF'ing again and see what happens

OP
J

joshwestbrook

Reaction score
Tried that route of SBF'ing twice. I also tried Liberty3 v2, but accidentally installed the rom for the D2 lol. OOOOOOPS. So, I'm back to stock now after SBF'ing (I'm getting REALLY GOOD at this), but 2 problems:

- GPS is still not working
- Looking for "Liberty3D2G-2.0Gold.zip" -- Figured I'd give this a try, but all the sites I've found links for seem to be dead with 404 errors. I even checked on Rummler's page:

Index of /jrummy/roms/liberty/3

Thanks guys

Grr.. this GPS bug is driving me crazy.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I don't think you'll get it working in Liberty. Warranty replacement would be the best idea.

As for Liberty, I don't even remember an official release of 3.0 for the D2G…

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
agree with G Y, a custom rom isn't going to help
you GPS is broken, if you need it get a different phone
and sell the old one, on ebay